Question about Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet Printer
There is no explanation in the manual relating to the letters that come up when I press the tool button repeatedly. Please tell me what they mean, this is frustrating.
The letters refer to the following:
A = Prints the nozzle check pattern
H = Cleans the fine cartridge
Y = Fine cartridge deep cleaning
P = prints head alignment sheet
L = prints the fine cartridge alignment sheet
U = Scans and then aligns the sheet you printed under the L option
All in the user manual in Chapter 9. Download a copy here:
Posted on Nov 16, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 26, 2013 | Canon Pixma iP6000D InkJet Photo Printer
May 04, 2008 | Printers & Copiers
May 09, 2012 | Brother MFC 7420 All-In-One Laser Printer
Jun 07, 2011 | Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 14, 2011 | HP LaserJet 2420 Printer
The instructions as copied from the Pixma 480 "onscreen manual." (Only the text -- not the images -- could be pasted into the solution. Hope you can follow the text.) Steve G.
Prepare 2 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper
1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and load 2 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.
2. Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.
3. Print the print head alignment pattern.
- Press the Menu button.
- Select Maintenance, and press the OK button.
- Select Print head alignment, and press the OK button.
Note: To print the current head position adjustment values, select Head alignment print in the Maintenance menu and press the OK button. See Selecting Menus on the Top Menu Screen.)
- Select Yes, and press the OK button to print alignment sheet.
- Check the pattern is printed correctly, select Yes and press OK button.
- Confirm the displayed message and press the OK button.
The Print head alignment screen appears.
4. Adjust the print head position.
- Check the printed patterns, and use the (Left) or (Right) button to select the number of the pattern that has the least noticeable streaks for column A.
Note: If it is difficult to select the best pattern, select the pattern that has the least noticeable white streaks.
(A) Less noticeable vertical white streaks
(B) Noticeable vertical white streaks
(C) Less noticeable horizontal white streaks
(D) Noticeable horizontal white streaks
- Repeat the same procedure to input the pattern number for each column from B to L, then press the OK button.
- Select Yes to continue printing, and press the OK button.
- The second page of print head alignment sheet will be printed.
- Confirm the message for print head alignment, and press the OK button.
- Check the printed patterns and use the (Left) or (Right) button to input the number of the pattern that has the least noticeable horizontal streaks for column M.
- Repeat the same procedure to input the pattern number for each column from N to R, and press the OK button.
Jan 12, 2011 | Canon Pixma MP480 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 07, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 20, 2010 | Lexmark E352dn Laser Printer
Aug 09, 2010 | Lexmark X364dn All-In-One Laser Printer
131 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: