- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The Acer Aspire One Netbook has a hidden partition on its hard disk drive which allows recovery of
1. operating system to original factory image (with no recovery disk required)
2. applications (selectable)
3. drivers (selectable)
If the netbook came with pre-installed Windows XP, use Acer eRecovery Management by
1. pressing start button at bottom left corner of Taskbar
2. hover cursor over All Programs then Acer Empowering Technology
3. then click on Acer eRecovery Management and follow subsequent recovery instructions
Alternatively, on powering up, press Alt and F10 together while Acer logo is showing.
If this doesn't work, there is the possibility that the D2D recovery is not enabled for startup.
To enable D2D recovery,
1. press F2 on powering up to get into the startup utility
2. cursor over to the Main tab
3. cursor down to D2D and enable it.
4. save changes when exiting - system will reboot
5. again, press Alt and F10 together while Acer logo is showing.
the computer can't detect the hard drive to start from it or, then theres a problem with your windows. Use the recovery discs or windows setup cd to try to install windows to the computer again to fix the problem. Let me know how that goes. Thanks
Hi there You want to restore your computer to its original settings without recovery CDs? This recovery process helps you restore the C: drive with the original software content that is installed when you purchase your notebook. Follow the steps below to rebuild your C: drive. (Your C: drive will be reformatted and all data will be erased.) It is important to back up all data files before using this option. Before performing a restore operation, please check the BIOS settings. 1 To activate the BIOS utility, press <F2> during boot up. 2 Check to see if Acer disk-to-disk recovery is enabled or not. 3 Make sure the D2D Recovery setting in Main is Enabled. 4 Exit the BIOS utility and save changes. The system will reboot. To start the recovery process: 1 Restart the system. 2 While the Acer logo is showing, press <Alt> + <F10> at the same time to enter the recovery process. 3 Refer to the onscreen instructions to perform system recovery.
Press F2 when you boot and go into bios, make sure that D2D recovery is enabled. Then save the changes and exit, to run the recovery program you need to press Alt and tap F10 on boot when the manufacturers screen appears.
Is the d2d erecovery function enabled in the bios?
To check, activate the BIOS utility, press <F2> during the POST; while the notebook PC logo is being displayed.
To enable D2D recovery ard disk recovery), select Main from the categories listed at the top of the screen.
Find D2D Recovery at the bottom of the screen and use the <F5> and <F6> keys to set this value to Enabled.
That should allow you to use the F10 function key to activate D2D.
* Note: D2D e-recovery is not in Acer Empowering Management.
AEM is a power management utility that supports ACPI (advanced configuration and power interface) which allows for maximum power conservation and maximum performance. (Managed by the windows OS)