Question about AsanteTalk - Ethernet to LocalTalk Adapter Transceiver
Hello - I'm inquiring to find out if the Asanté Talk that I bought about four years ago and have been using ever since requires upgrading for use with Mac OS 10.5.5?
Perhaps there is a recommended/required upgrade download, etc.? My Mac specs are:
Mac G5 DT/1.8 GHz (single processor)/ OS 10.5.5 / 2.0 GB SDRAM
Mac iBook G4/933 MHz / OS 10.5.5 / 640 MB SDRAM
Thank you for your consideration of my request.
Chester P. Keefe II,
Portsmouth, NH 03801
603 / 431-5210
This is for system 10.5.x:
1. Delete that printer from your list of printers in System Preferences.
2. Make sure your computer, printer, and Asante box are all hooked up together and turned on.
3. Click + under the list of printers in System Preferences.
4. Click AppleTalk icon in top row of dialogue box that appears.
5. After a moment, click Bluetooth icon instead.
6. After a moment, unplug the power cord from your Asante box (but not from the electrical outlet).
7. After a moment, re-plug the power cord into your Asante box and, as soon as possible after the "TX" light comes on, click the AppleTalk icon again.
8. Within a few moments, your printer's name should appear. Highlight its name, then make sure all the information about it that appears is correct, then click "Add."
9. Everything should communicate beautifully. I had no further problems.
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 19, 2009 | Allied Telesyn AT-8088/SC-10 Transceiver
Jul 24, 2009 | Jabra T-Mobile Wing / Dash / SDA /...
Jul 15, 2009 | Jabra T-Mobile Wing / Dash / SDA /...
Feb 17, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 21, 2008 | AsanteTalk - Ethernet to LocalTalk Adapter...
Mar 09, 2008 | AsanteTalk - Ethernet to LocalTalk Adapter...
282 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: