Question about AsanteTalk - Ethernet to LocalTalk Adapter Transceiver
Hello - I'm inquiring to find out if the Asanté Talk that I bought about four years ago and have been using ever since requires upgrading for use with Mac OS 10.5.5?
Perhaps there is a recommended/required upgrade download, etc.? My Mac specs are:
Mac G5 DT/1.8 GHz (single processor)/ OS 10.5.5 / 2.0 GB SDRAM
Mac iBook G4/933 MHz / OS 10.5.5 / 640 MB SDRAM
Thank you for your consideration of my request.
Chester P. Keefe II,
Portsmouth, NH 03801
603 / 431-5210
This is for system 10.5.x:
1. Delete that printer from your list of printers in System Preferences.
2. Make sure your computer, printer, and Asante box are all hooked up together and turned on.
3. Click + under the list of printers in System Preferences.
4. Click AppleTalk icon in top row of dialogue box that appears.
5. After a moment, click Bluetooth icon instead.
6. After a moment, unplug the power cord from your Asante box (but not from the electrical outlet).
7. After a moment, re-plug the power cord into your Asante box and, as soon as possible after the "TX" light comes on, click the AppleTalk icon again.
8. Within a few moments, your printer's name should appear. Highlight its name, then make sure all the information about it that appears is correct, then click "Add."
9. Everything should communicate beautifully. I had no further problems.
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 16, 2010 | Apple Mac OS X 1063 Snow Leopard Family...
Apr 29, 2010 | HP PSC 1410 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 10, 2009 | HP Scanjet 4470c Flatbed Scanner
Nov 08, 2009 | Epson Stylus Color 670 InkJet Printer
Jul 23, 2009 | Olympus LS-10 Digital Voice Recorder
Feb 03, 2009 | Apple Computers & Internet
Aug 16, 2008 | Macromedia Fireworks MX
May 08, 2008 | Adobe Photoshop 7.0 for PC
Sep 25, 2007 | Lexmark Z640 InkJet Printer
May 22, 2017 | The Computers & Internet
282 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: