I accidentally deleted the windows messenger and cant find it. I have tried many attempts to locate it and reinstall it but just cant locate it..not even the icon. I went to program files and found the folder, but there is not a reinstall there. I tried going to microsoft to download it again, but it says I have to have windows installer 3.1. I dont want to mess anything up,,,so I was afraid of downloading anything. What should I do to get my windows messenger up and running again.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: windows messenger is gone
Go to the Control Panel / Click Add or Remove Programs / on the left column find the Add/Remove Windows Components and click on that. You will find Windows Messenger there. All you will have to do is put a check the box.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Well you see if your os files are gone there gone you cant get them back unless you reinstall the os with a windows disc. Plus how do you delete you most important files of your computer ? Im just wondering since even my 80 year old grandmother knows not to go in that deep. Sorry to be mean but youve really pickled yourself here.
If your Yahoo messenger has crashed then there is nothing to worry. You can reinstall your Yahoo messenger anytime you will not lose anything. All your contacts and profile is stored up on the server. When you sign in the Yahoo messenger you will automatically get all your contacts back. Uninstall your old Yahoo and install the latest one from the following link.
If you are unable to install this yahoo messenger 10 than what you have to do is repair your Windows by inserting the Windows disk. The computer will give like three options Reinstall upgrade and Repair Windows. Select "Repair".
correct me if i am wrong here..
seems to me when u might have tried to install it on ur computer the first time.. there might have been a connection error.. and the installation stopped..
now u need to delete the temp files and all the cache of ur computer to be able to reinstall the program again..
to do so .. in Start Search window type the following instructions..
%temp%.. hit enter and clear all the files there..
then type .. prefetch.. and hit and enter and clear
go to Computer .. C:..
then go to Program files and delete Yahoo there..
and go to common files and delete traces of yahoo of there..
once ur done with this.. then try to install mngr again.. i am pretty much sure it should resolve the issue..
if not let me know..
1. Enable Hidden Files and Folders: 1. A. Windows XP : 1. a.i. Click on “Start”, click “My Computer” 1. a.ii. On the “Tools” menu, click on “folder options”. 1.a.iii. On the “view” tab, locate “Advanced settings” and then follow these steps: Check the option “Show Hidden files and folders” Clear the option, “Hide protected operating system files check box”. Clear the option, “Hide file extensions for know file types check box”. 1. a.iv. Click ok and close the window. 1.B. Windows Vista : 1.b.i. Click on “Start”, click “My Computer” 1.b.ii. In the Explorer window, click “Organize” 1.b.iii. Choose “Folder and Search Options”. 1.b.iv. In the folder options window, click on “View” tab 1.b.v. Select the option “Show hidden files and folders” click “ok”.
2. Delete Windows Live Contacts folder : 2. a. Click on “Start”; double click on “My computer” 2. b. Browse to the location Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Windows logon name>\Local settings\Application Data\Microsoft Windows Vista: C:\Users\<Your Windows logon name>\App Data\Local\Microsoft 2. c. Delete “Windows live contacts folder” completely. Note:
Ensure to exit Windows live Messenger from the task manager before
deleting Windows live contacts cache folder, otherwise you will get an
error prompting that you can’t delete the folder . 2. d. Try signing into Windows Live Messenger.
Remove the Windows Live Messenger from the Control Panel, Add Remove Programs including the utilities associated with your live messenger.
Then try reinstalling the Windows Live Messneger from this site
Messenger 9 for Vista users and XP users with 9, The updated Windows Firewall will not let Messenger download correctly.And is causing 9 and 8.1 users to have problems now.. The only option that might help is turning off the firewall to download and install then turning it back on.Go to control panel, click on windows fire wall, Exceptions tab. make sure messenger is checked,if not listed then add it to the list.then click save. .If the fire wall still causes problems,then revert back to 8.0 or 7.5 these and all versions of messenger can be found here; http://www.freecreed.com/ymsgr-archive.h... You need to remove version 9 1st to get another version to work. To remove Messenger version Use Unwise located middle of page of Messenger Folder.. Your contacts are stored online But if you want to save your old messages archives,they are saved on your PC in the messenger file you are about to delete.Go here and copy them to a new folder Start>my computer>c:drive>program files>yahoo>messenger>profiles>(your ID)>archive>messages