- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Microwaves use a magnetron to generate microwave energy and direct it a rotating blade wheel to spread them around the inside of the oven. If there is any metal in the area to be heated, or any of the blades are bent, even a bit, the microwave energy can be reflected back up to the magnetron area. In this area there is now too much power and it sparks away, so it does not heat the item in the oven.
Because it is sparking it is now a safety hazard the sparks may melt and set fire to plastic parts in it. This is serious it could burn your house down. Bin this microwave and cut the cable off it to make sure no one else ever uses it.
There is a fuse and cavity thermal fuses as well as one on the magnatron that is supposed to reset itself.. The fuse is behind the control panel and the cavity fuses will require removal of the cabinet. Did you check for power at the plug? Eric
My microwave was totally dead. Things I discovered:
1) There is an easily replacable fuse accessed by taking off the top front vent cover (two screws on top, gently massage off) and then the inside plastic grill. UNPLUG before doing this!
2) Pop off two wires on either end of fuse holder for safety. Then pop out fuse and replace.
For more extensive help, there is an evelope with a wiring diagram inside the case on the inside wall! Very helpful when diagnosing the surface lamp problem (I forgot to plug the ballast back in when I closed up the bottom).