Question about HP Pavilion a305w (DM181AR) PC Desktop
Just come back from holioday to find laptop working fine but the screen is dim almost dark all the info is readable but with difficulty have tried the f-keys to adjust brightness but nothing happens. I t almost looks like the screen is not getting full power or is ther any bulbs in there that could break
Look at the screen closely, if you can see a little bit of the image but only very faintly, there is a possibility it is your backlight because the laptop is probably older than 3 years. If that is case you have to replace the ccfl bulb of the screen. It is a relatively difficult repair but it can be done, if you look for guides to replace the LCD backlight online you will find something. I work for company that does Laptop repair in NYC and we do this repair frequently. Be sure to get the exact ccfl lamp for your screen type on ebay, it's all about the right length of the bulb.
Posted on May 21, 2009
You'll have to check a few areas:
1. if u left it plugged in while u were gone anything could've happened.
2. ensure that the laptop is not operating on battery power only.
3. make sure your adapter is working properly, try to plug it up to another laptop, or check the LED light to see if it's operational.
4. ensure that the surge protector u have in the wall is not shorted, there are some models that will also tell u if the wiring within the wall is good or not because that could be shorted as well.
5. plug the laptop into a different outlet in the house.
You could have possible internal damage to the laptop...try system restore...if none of that works, if its still under warranty backup all your info to an external harddrive and send it in for repair.
Posted on Nov 13, 2008
HA HA HA , there are no bulbs in laptop screens, is your battery charged, have you changed any power settings.
Boot to safe mode, change power settings reboot.
Posted on Nov 13, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 02, 2011 | Acer Aspire M5100 AM5100-U5313A AMD...
May 12, 2009 | HP Compaq dx2250 Microtower - Get 3...
May 05, 2009 | PC Desktops
May 03, 2009 | PC Desktops
Apr 21, 2009 | PC Desktops
Dec 17, 2008 | Gateway PC Desktops
Nov 25, 2008 | PC Desktops
Jun 04, 2008 | PC Desktops
Jan 19, 2008 | PC Desktops
242 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: