Question about MP3 & Digital Media Players
I've got a (fairly) old Archos AV 500 (100gb) which links to my desktop, but won't link to my laptop. Is there anything obvious that I'm missing? The laptop doesn't even recognise it when connected.
1. Copy all factory installed files from the Archos on to your PC hard drive or write a CD / DVD.
2. Download the latest software from www.Archos.com and keep a copy safe (not on the Archos!) â€¦ there was a new version last week by the way â€¦1.5.12
3. If you record any films, music, or TV that you want to keep forever then donâ€™t keep them on the Archos!
4. Factory installed samples (photos & films), wallpaper, etc are available for download from FTP://support.archos.com
5. If you need to format the drive but it wonâ€™t talk to the PC through the normal USB, try plugging a flash memory card (the bigger the better) into the other (left hand) USB socket and copy stuff onto it.
6. Avoid changing back & forward between â€˜hard driveâ€™ and â€˜windows deviceâ€™ â€¦ not sure if this was the cause of the problem but you never know!
7.Always have mains power (not battery) when moving files around.
Posted on Nov 16, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 24, 2011 | Archos 7 Digital Media Player
Sep 05, 2010 | Archos AV700 TV Digital Media Player
Aug 28, 2010 | Archos 705 WiFi Digital Media Player
Jun 24, 2010 | Archos 705 WiFi Digital Media Player
Apr 04, 2010 | Archos 5 Internet Media Tablet
Jun 06, 2008 | Archos 604 WiFi Digital Media Player
Jan 31, 2008 | Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
106 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!