Question about Olevia LT37HVS 37 in. LCD HDTV
I have an Olevia 37" LCD TV and I guess I'm just getting out of touch with all the new bells and whistles. Two issues:
1) I haven't played a DVD on the player hooked up to it in about 6 months because I can't remember how. I try everything on the remote and it's just not intuitively obvious to me.
2) Somehow, a blue rectangle (about an 1/8 of the overall screen) appeared in the lower RH corner of the screen and I can't figure out how to remove it. Very annoying. Help!
When I got HD service from TW Cable, I was told my Olevia remote would not work and I had two remotes (one from TW and one for Olevia). Now I have a universal remote from TW and I can't figure out anything!
I have the Olevia TV with RC-LTU remote, To get rid of PIP just press the (VIEW) button twice.
Posted on Aug 05, 2009
Regarding your issue #2 (blue rectangle), this is most likely the "Picture In Picture" (or PIP) feature. I have the same TV and a couple times, when fiddling with the remote, I have activated PIP. Problem is, despite there being a few PIP-specific menu options, there is no apparent setting to disable PIP once you activate it.
One way to deactivate PIP is to do the following:
1. Using the Olevia remote, click Menu
2. Click the up arrow button until the "Setup" option appears
3. Click the "Enter" button to select Setup options
4. Click the up arrow button until the "Factory Settings" option appears
5. Click the "Enter" button to select "Factory Settings"
(at this step I have to wait about 10 seconds for the Factory Settings menu to appear...be patient)
6. When the Factory Settings popup appears, you can use the down arrow button to select the Home option, then click Enter. Understand that doing this may remove some custom settings you have set, but it does remove the PIP.
(Also, before deactivating PIP you can use the PIP menu options to change the inputs for both the big and small rectangles, thereby utilizing the PIP function if you so desire.)
I am frustrated that the manual does not cover the PIP function in sufficient detail, but not as frustrated as the fact that this TV does not offer a code that works with my Comcast remote (and I've tried all the codes provided by others, to no avail). Pretty good TV though.
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 24, 2011 | Olevia LT37HVS 37 in. LCD HDTV
Aug 20, 2011 | Olevia LT32HVM 32 in. LCD Television
Nov 10, 2010 | Hannspree XV37 HDTV 37 in. LCD TV
Aug 22, 2010 | Olevia 237T 37 in. LCD TV
Sep 12, 2009 | Olevia LT32HVM 32 in. LCD Television
Jun 18, 2009 | Olevia LT37HV 37 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Mar 26, 2009 | Olevia LT37HVS 37 in. LCD HDTV
Sep 29, 2007 | Olevia LT37HVS 37 in. LCD HDTV
1,384 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: