An expert who has answered 20 or more questions within one hour.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
Re: my house phone is not working
Unplug all phones in your house- all of them. Wait 5 minutes then plug a phone in a try it again. You probably have TIP n Ring reversed ( Red and Green wires) or your hookswitch on the phone is bad. If you do get dialtone after you wait 5 minutes and can hang up and get dialtone back get a new jack and try that ok
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This has to be done on Ext 101, or whichever phone is the programming phone. Press program *#1234. Then enter in 004. Press Speakerphone. It should be asking for a jack number. You can press speakerphone again to go to the first ext. Spell out the name using the keypad (2 is A, B and C and so on). When done press the autodial/store button. Then you can press speakerphone to go to the next phone. To get out of programming just pick up and hang up your phone or press the program button.
There are 3 Flexible Feature buttons under the horizontal display. When you are on a call, the display will show "Transfer" over the last button. Press that button, which will automatically put the caller on hold, pick up an intercom and prompt you to enter the extension to transfer the caller to. Enter the ext. number and tell your employee who is on the call, and heng up - the caller will be connected automatically. Or, after dialing the ext. to transfer the caller to, just hang up and the call will ring through. Good Luck!
This is how I did it:
1. Press the 'Program' button
2. Then dial ** (star, star)
3. Enter the password (usually 1234)
4. Press 'Next' until you get to 'Ext Name'
5. Press 'Enter'
6. You will need to know the Extension Number of you phone, when you find out enter it (eg: 104 or whatever yours is)
7. Press 'Clear' to get rid of the old name then start entering the new name via the number keys. Note: If you keep cycling through the letter on each number you can get to lowercase or uppercase letters.
8. Press 'Enter' then you are all done... pick and hang up the handset.