Question about Kinderkraft Vermont Crib

2 Answers

Need an Insert Nut

Need to find an insert nut for this model. I have the part number, I just cannot find where to go to order it. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by on

2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 4 Answers
Re: Need an Insert Nut

I would try By now this has probably been resolved...

Posted on Jun 13, 2007

Re: Need an Insert Nut

Go to loews or home depot. They have insert nuts that will fit it. Take one with you to compare.

Posted on Jun 23, 2007

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

I need M5x2.6cm screws--2 M6x4cm screws ---8 M5 lock nut--2 M6 Lock nut-4 for a bassinet

Ace Hardware has a very good selection of Metric fasteners (screws, nuts and bolts). Have you tried there?

Mar 20, 2015 | Fisher Price Cribs, Cradles & Bassinets

1 Answer

What size screws and bolts are required for Jardine crib model DA832BC? I've misplaced them.

I suggest you measure the holes the screws have to go through. Where nuts and bolts are used the hole will be slightly bigger to give clearance and similarly where a hole is threaded for a bolt or setscrew, sometimes called a machine screw.
If the hole is 5.5mm or thereabouts the bolt will be a 5mm and if it is 6.5mm the bolt will be 6mm and so forth.
Common sizes of bolts for furniture and appliances are 4, 5, 6, 8 and 10mm and your local hardware store should be able to provide you with small quantities of those you need though there will be a limited number of different lengths available. It is usual practice to buy a little longer than you need and shorten them to suit by using a hacksaw and cleaning with a file or grinder or a dedicated shear.

There are three sorts of nuts in common use and although plain nuts are commonly used with plain and/or locking washers, anything that moves or if kids are around a stiff-nut such as a Nyloc nut should be used.
If the end of a bolt is exposed and might snag the clothes or flesh of a passerby it is customary to fit a domed nut to cover the sharp exposed end.

Self-tapping and wood screws are a different matter. If you need information about these then please come back and ask again.

Good luck!

Feb 04, 2015 | Cribs, Cradles & Bassinets

1 Answer

I need replacement parts for my crib.

any hardware store will have the parts you need; just take a sample bolt and, nut to them and, they will find them for you. these are not a special part exclusive only to your crib.

Jul 22, 2010 | Storkcraft Baby Cribs, Cradles & Bassinets

2 Answers

I need Part #1048-Inert Nut 1/4" X 20

I think you mean "insert nut"? Is this a internally threaded metal sleeve that came out of the wood? If so, you don't want to repair this crib. When that fell out, it most likely damaged the wood around it and it has compromised that hole. Putting a new insert in to the hole will not necessarily work, and the new one will pull out as well. I wouldn't use the crib. Too many deaths in cribs where someone attempted a repair that didn't work.

Jun 14, 2010 | Kinderkraft Vermont Crib

1 Answer

We need a screw and insert nut(?) for a crib, Gerry model 9021


Every piece of equipment has a model number you can check this link You should be able to get replacements. You can also call them they would be happy to find a replacement for you. These things get lost from time to time or just get worn and torn. Here is a number for you to call.

US: 1-800-233-5921
Canada: 1-937-773-3971

Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Eastern Standard Time

May 02, 2010 | Evenflo Jenny Lind Crib

1 Answer

I am missing two barrel nuts for my crib

You have not provided a specific model number, so I cannot check to see if your crib is listed for replacement parts or check to make sure it has not been subject to any recalls.

Here is a link to Evenflo's replacement parts application. Enter your crib model number for more information and instructions to order the parts that you need.

Jan 10, 2010 | Evenflo Jenny Lind Crib

1 Answer

Missing bolts and barrel nuts

First try to find the Instructions online. These will usually tell you what you need. Then call Products America with this information. 1-800-205-9642. I just ordered what I needed for $20.

Jun 24, 2009 | Fisher Price Cribs, Cradles & Bassinets

1 Answer

I need HH K/D barrel nut for a 3 in 1 crib style 5545=0521

Products America can provide you with the parts you need. You just need to call 800-205-9642 or 800-772-1041 with a little information about your crib and the customer service reps will be more than happy to assist you in ordering these parts. You can also see what parts are available on their websites, or

Jun 14, 2009 | Bassett Mission Crib

1 Answer

I need a nut for my kolcraft walker

I'm sure you can get what you need at a local hardware store or Home Depot.
There are sometimes Nut & Bolt stores listed in the phone book yellow pages under hardware which is what I'd try first if you want an exact match.
Take your walker with you to assure a fit and don't be afraid to ask for help!


Feb 28, 2009 | Kolcraft Easy Reach Ultra Light Vibes Crib

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kinderkraft Vermont Crib Logo

Related Topics:

58 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kinderkraft Cribs, Cradles & Bassinets Experts


Level 2 Expert

62 Answers


Level 2 Expert

268 Answers

Ted Maxwell

Level 3 Expert

3515 Answers

Are you a Kinderkraft Crib, Cradle and Bassinet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides