a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Manual reset by Home key + Down Volume key, this can fix many general iPod problems.
2. You may try this iTunes alternative, I always use it to upload music and video to my iPod once my iTunes can't recognize my iPod, my friends recommend it to me, it's safe and works pretty well, you can also use it to copy music and video from ipod to computer for backup, it's useful when you lost your iTunes library. http://www.ipod-transfer-copy.com/ipod-iphone-to-computer-transfer-cucusoft.html
3. Update your iTunes to the latest version. Plug in your iPod. If iTunes can't recognize it, then in iTunes in the top left corner click help> run diagnostics. On the box that comes up, check the last two things. Click next and it should identify your iPod. I got this method from Apple technical support. Hope it helps. Contact me if you have any other question. 4. Take the iPod to Apple store, the technical support will help you fix the problem.
If you have forgotten the code or put the wrong code in your ipod, you can unlock the Ipod by doing the following:
Connect your IPod to the primary computer you use it with (the first one Ipod synced with), and open iTunes. When you disconnect iPod from the computer, it will no longer be locked.
If you can't unlock Ipod using either (the code or connecting it to the computer you use to manage its songs). . . you can restore your ipod to factory settings using ipod Updater. Please note that this will erase all data on your ipod. Afterwards, you can add your music and data back to your ipod.
If you want to change the primary computer that your Ipod is associated with, do this:
1. Restore your iPod. WARNING: The restore process cannot be undone. All of your songs and files will be deleted. Always make a backup of your important data.
2. Connect your ipod to the computer that you want to be the primary computer.
3. Open iTunes and synchronize.
If you can't unlock your ipod and you don't have access to the primary computer, your only option is to restore the Ipod, which will erase all music and data. Please take time to rate me Bud
Step 1: The iPod Touch is a type of iPod that features a touch screen and can function as both a portable media player and as a pocket computer. It is possible to password protect your iPod Touch so that you will have to enter a password every time you want to unlock the iPod Touch screen. If you repeatedly enter the incorrect passcode, your iPod Touch will become disabled. To unlock a disabled iPod Touch, you need to sync your iPod Touch device with iTunes on your computer.
Attach the iPod Touch data cable to the bottom of your iPod Touch device and attach the other end of the data cable to an available USB port on your computer. Open iTunes on your computer and then select your iPod Touch device from the list of available devices on the left side of the iTouch window. Click the "Restore" button. If you have previously backed up your iPod Touch, you can choose to restore the device to the last back up or any saved backup. If you have never backed up your iPod Touch, this process will restore your iPod Touch's factory settings. Wait while iTunes syncs with your iPod Touch and restores the device. iTunes will prompt you when this process is complete.
Step 1: Connect your iPod to your computer and start up iTunes.
Step 2: On the left side, select your iPod.
Step 3: On the right side, scroll down to "Restore"
These steps will unlock your iPod, but it will also re-sync everything you have in your iTunes library on there. It is the only working method.
to fix this problem you, unfortunately, will need to erase all the data on the iPod.
plug the iPod into the computer using the included USB cable. open iTunes. Hold down the home and power buttons at the same time until it shuts down and reboots. (if it doesn't open automatically) in the column on the left side of the window there is an icon showing your iPod's name. click on it then click on the button that says "restore iPod"
WARNING: this will erase all the content on the iPod (you can put it back on later)
it will ask you to confirm. hit "OK" and keep your iPod plugged in as it restores it to it original state. pick the language you prefer and then load your music back on the device.
if you have I tune on your PC or Laptop then
connect your I pod with your pc or laptop. when you
connect your i pod then you can see small window restore or update then click on that . means you need to restore your I Pod .Make sure after this you could loose your data like music and others
You may reset or restore your iPod for a try, this can fix many general iPod problems. Or you may take a look at this iPod FAQ, it's informative. http://www.mac-dvd.com/ipod-tips-and-ipod-faq.html If it doesn't work, you can contact Apple technical support for help.