Question about HP OfficeJet 4215 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I recently upgraded my phone system to VOIP and then realized my fax mechine cannot work with this VOIP. Optonline service representative informed me that I should change Baude Rate of my fax mechine and gave me HP phone number. I could not get any help through HP. I appreciate suggestions to fix this problem.
That might help. Faxing is signal timing specific. I believe they are sent from the factory to run at "fast" which is 33.6kbps. Try to set it to medium first (14.4) if no luck set to Slow (9.6). Try these steps:
Posted on Nov 13, 2008
1. Press the setup button (upper right corner of the fax machine)
2. Keep pressing the setup button until you get to the fourth option which says "Advanced Fax Setup"
3. Press OK to select the "Advanced Fax Setup" menu
4. Then using the left or right scroll arrows (below the OK button) scroll till you get to the sixth option which says "Fax Speed"
5. Press OK to select this menu item
6. Press the right scroll arrow till you get "slow" for the fax speed.
7. Press OK to accept this selection.
Then initiate a fax as you normally would.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it.
Posted on Nov 13, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 15, 2015 | Kyocera FS-1128MFP FS-1128MFP...
Sep 04, 2014 | HP LaserJet 2840 All-In-One Printer
Mar 17, 2011 | HP LaserJet 3390 Printer
Voice over IP (VoIP) services provide normal telephone service, including long distance service through a broadband Internet connection. These services use packets to break up the voice signal on a telephone line and transmit it digitally to the receiver, where the packets are reassembled. The VoIP services are often not compatible with fax machines.
If you continue to have problems faxing, contact your VoIP provider. Because the installation process varies, the VoIP service provider will have to assist in installing the all-in-one fax component.
Although a fax might work on a VoIP network, it can fail when the following events occur:
• Internet traffic becomes heavy and packets are lost.
• Latency (the time it takes for a packet to travel from its point of origin to its point of destination) becomes excessive.
Feb 15, 2011 | HP LaserJet 3055 All-In-One Printer
Jan 28, 2011 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 04, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 29, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 17, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 15, 2008 | Ricoh Aficio 1013F Copier
Aug 14, 2007 | HP OfficeJet 4215 All-In-One InkJet...
149 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!