- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The amplifier that drives the built in subwoofer has stopped working. The first thing to do is check that the power cord is plugged in to a live power outlet. Next, replace the fuse which you'll find on the large black metal plate on the back of the speaker. Use only the size and type fuse specified. If that does not work contact Definitive customer service at (800) 228-7148.
There is a overheat safety feature and it can usually be reset. Unplug the heater for 5 to 10 minutes and the plug it back in. If that doesn't solve the problem, there is an internal reset switch, but it's a little hard to find. You will have to remove the back cover, then look for a red button/switch that has 2 wires coming out of it, that go to the heating element. Press that, to reset the safety switch.
But, I must add, the other solution/answer you received ... that it may have burned up the heating element is certainly a reality. In any event, it's not safe to leave a space heater ON and unattended for any length of time. Particularly, since this one somehow slipped of the fireplace hearth while no one was at home. Just be glad the overheat safety switch worked as it should. Electric space heaters are one of the biggest causes of house fires in the U.S.