My phone got a little wet. The white sticker has not turned red. The phone turns on and I get texts and calls but none of the buttons are working, even the ones on the side. Is there anything I can do to fix it?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First, to check if there is water damage inside the phone, you can check the water mark sticker. When you take the back piece off your phone, on the left of the battery inside a rectangle shaped cut-out in the plastic, you will see a little square. If it is red/pink this means there is definitely water damage, if its white then no water has reached that part of your phone. Unfortunately if its turned red or pink Blackberry will not repair it free of charge. That being said, you can try completely submerging your phone in a bowl of rice. This will draw the moisture out and hopefully get your phone in working condition again, this has worked for myself and many friends.
white background with detailed pink 'x's across the top is a dry indicator on some phones, such as LG ENV3. If the sticker gets wet the pink 'x's dissolve and the sticker becomes pink. Be careful some people at verizon or other cell phone companies think all indicator stickers are white....this is why they work at a cell phone store 5 years after high school, they don't understand continual education and reading literature.
First thing is be sure that the battery is charged and not dead.
2nd hold down the on/off siwtch a little longer and see what happens.
if you have a wall outlet, or charger for it plug that in and then try turning it on, if it comes on then its your battery.
remove the battery and make sure its dry, and clean and blow around where your phone battery sits. Make sure its clean (dont use any liquid here, just blow). Then replace the battery and the back cover and make sure the battery is connecting.
if it still dont work then sounds like your phone may have gotten wet some how.
look near or under the battery you should see a white or red/pink sticker.
if the sticker is white the phone has gotten wet, and prob has shorted out. Even if its not pink/red then the phone itself didn't get wet, but if you recently had the phone in the bathroom when you took a shower ect. its still possible the condensation from the shower got inside and shorted your phone out.
Your last and final step would be making a insurance claim on your phone if you have phone insurance. (as long as the sticker isnt red or pink)
Taking it back to where you bought it if you havnt had it very long,
or getting a new one, either by updating your contract if your eligible, using an old cell if you have one, or buying a new one.
please rate and recommend me if this has been helpful.
You can tell if your phone has gotten wet by taking out the battery. There's a little sticker both on the phone and on your battery that is white with little red crosses on it. If it's faded and red, you have water damage. I recently had the same problem though, without any water damage. They told me that it was not a common problem.. but it's happened to me twice, on two different Env's. Soo... sounds like a common problem to me.
ok, take out the battery and look and see you can see a white dot pice of circular paper, if it is red, your phone somehow got water in it, look at your battery(white dot paper) if it is red than you have water in you phone. now you need to dry it! leave it on your car dast board in the sun 24hrs or use a hair dryer ( use low heat) you must dry your phone and battery completely before the next step, Next step- find a good working battery and insert it in your phone, see if this will correct your problem, sometime the battery volt are very low or maybe the battery itself its bad, but make sure you put in a new battery to test this out, don't pay for the battery until you check you phone at the counter, ask for the right model for you phone.
oooh doesnt sound too good! but my phone got a bit wet and stuffed up quite a bit so last night im my room on the shelf, i took out my sim card, battery, back cover and left it open to get some fresh air. and now it works fine:) goodluck you might want to try that but yours was alot wetter than mine!