Question about Whirlpool RF369LXPQ Electric Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Oven light exploded and seems fused in socket

After running a cleaning cycle for the oven on my Whirlpool glass top range, the oven light blew out. When I removed the glass cover to change the bulb, the bulb exploded. The remains of the bulb seem fused into the socket. Is there any way to get the old bulb base out? There is little left to get a grip on. I have tried pliers. Nothing budged. Tried the old potato trick, but there was really nothing inside the base for the potato to grip onto. It is model number RS696PXYO. Any suggestions?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

I was able to remove the base from the socket by inserting pliers and opening them so that they pressed against the inner sides of the base and then turning while exerting pressure.

Posted on Nov 13, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Kenmore electric range model 790 oven stopped functioning, both broiler and bake. however, oven light still comes on.


I believe there is a thermal fuse (also called a TCO or Thermal Cut-Out) located either on the back of the oven, or between the top of the oven and the cooktop that has opened up. Did this happen after running a self-clean cycle?

Sep 09, 2014 | Kenmore Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

Whirlpool RS385PXBQ0 slide in range/oven won't work after self-cleaning cycle.


Check the wiring on the door lock. If that looks good you need to replace the door lock but that part is no longer available.

Oct 22, 2013 | Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

Yesterday i was running the oven with 3 burners running. All of a sudden there was a large bang and a flash of light. It also knocked the power out to the house, thank goodness it was just a breaker. I...


If it was a large bang and flash of light as you described this would have been a short circuit, and this is why the circuit breaker tripped. A fuse wouldn't make as much noise and if the fuse blew the breaker wouldn't normally trip. Looking at the picture of the range it looks like the heating elements are under the glass top. This will have to be dismantled and if the short circuit isn't obvious, the elements will have to be tested to find the faulty one.

Feb 14, 2011 | Kenmore 90154 / 90152 Electric Kitchen...

1 Answer

Whirlpool RF302BXYW Ser# FD1227461 oven quit working (surface burners are okay)


Several possibilities:
1: Fuses blew under the top cover. Oven fuses will not affect top burners.
2: Element has burned out. Top element only heats when you try to warm the oven.
3: controller has burned out. A controller can cost $150 - $600 for digital. You might want a tech to confirm before you change this one.

Apr 17, 2010 | Whirlpool RF302 Electric Kitchen Range

1 Answer

I tried to change the light bulb in the oven, thought I had the power turned off, I did not. The bulb socket sparked, nothing seemed to happen but now my controls on top of my kitchen aid KESC300 electric...


Hello- Glass bulbs don't make very good handles, do they? Find a good tech to check wiring behind bulb socket. May have burned a connection, and or grounded a wire somewhere. Electric ranges have two 110v circuits that work in combination. One is out. Let me know if info helps- have more if needed- Thanks- ED

Mar 04, 2010 | KitchenAid KESC300 Electric Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Whirlpool GR450LXLQO range while changing oven


You will have to replace the light socket. Part number is 3150505 at approx. 30.00. Hope this helps

Feb 03, 2010 | Whirlpool Kitchen Ranges

2 Answers

Exploding Door


the old exploding door ploy...
01:00 hrs while sipping on a very fine IPA watch a bit of tellie the sound of glass shattering startles me from the kitchen. preparing to find the daughter's cat, still in the house after evaded bed time radar, on the counter. instead the front glass on the our GE Profile gas range, model JGB908SEK1SS, is slowly spider webbing into pieces. i grabbed the video camera and captured the event. GE sent out a repair guy to quote me a whopping $304.27 to replace their faulty part. foot note here...the range is four yrs old and hadn't been used in more than 24 hrs prior to the glass on the door shattering. i don't believe the glass had a "fracture to it in the production cycle at the factory". being a DIY guy the service tech ordered the replacement part for me. i just received the replacement glass from GE and it's white which would be OK if we hadn't ordered it in stainless steal. did i mention it's taken 2 months to get the replacement glass. i've attached a photo of the cleaned door awaiting installation. i really wish it had been the cat...77f7f82.jpg

Jun 09, 2008 | GE Profile Spectra JGBP90 Gas Kitchen...

1 Answer

Oven Range Door Does Not Lock


Jocalo, Did you set up the time for cleaning and pushed the "start" button? Gendos

Jan 03, 2007 | Whirlpool RF378 Electric Kitchen Range

Not finding what you are looking for?
Whirlpool RF369LXPQ Electric Kitchen Range Logo

437 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Whirlpool Kitchen Ranges Experts

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8147 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

4754 Answers

Michael Thomas
Michael Thomas

Level 3 Expert

3051 Answers

Are you a Whirlpool Kitchen Range Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...