Question about Computers & Internet
Unfortunately, jumpdrives aren't really suppose to be repartitioned. However, you my have to do some tweaking around to fix it. Here's how:
- Right click on the drive in My Computer, and click Properties.
- Click on the Hardware tab, select the device, and click Properties.
- Go to the Policies tab, click "Optimize for performance", then click OK and then OK once again.
The above steps will allow Windows to rewrite the sectors on the jumpdrive (also allowing the NTFS file system to work on the device). Now to repartition it.
- Go to Start > Run, then type "diskmgmt.msc" (without quotes) and click OK. This will start the Disk Management services.
- Right click on the partition on your jumpdrive, and click "Delete Partition...", confirm the deletion.
- Right click on the Unallocated space, then click "Create Partition...", create a partition the full size of the available space. When it comes to the Format option, select "FAT32" and "Quick Format" options. Continue through the wizard and confirm all modifications.
This should allow for Windows to recreate the partition table and file system. Hope this works!
Posted on Nov 13, 2008
Windows was unable to complete the format. I think the drive is toast ie: I used an older version of fdisk and format and it came back and said track 0 bad disk unusable.
Posted on Nov 12, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 28, 2012 | Acer Aspire 3624WXCi Notebook
Nov 04, 2011 | Transcend 4GB JetFlash 110 USB 2.0 Flash...
Aug 29, 2010 | Toshiba (MK1031GAS) 100 GB Hard Drive
Jan 16, 2010 | Transcend 4GB JetFlash 110 USB 2.0 Flash...
Jun 04, 2009 | Casio EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z70 Digital Camera
Feb 02, 2009 | Electronics - Others
Nov 19, 2008 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Nov 13, 2008 | SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4GB USB 2.0 Flash...
Dec 16, 2007 | SanDisk 2GB Cruzer Micro SDCZ62048A10 Hard...
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!