hi - we got disconnected (accidentally ended the chat session?)
for the light pattern that you have here are the related issues:
paper jams , obstructions , cover error
Resetting the Printer By resetting the printer'spower, the print bufferis cleared and certain sensors are reset. Ifthere is invalid data inthe buffer, or sensors are stuck in aparticular mode; errors may occur.Follow these steps to reset the printer:
Note:Ifresetting the printer does not work, please attempt any othersolutionsthat appeared in your search results.If this is a hardwareerror on theprinter, the printer may need to be repaired.Issue:
- Turn the printer off with the Power button (if available).
- Disconnect the data cable from the printer (not applicable to WiFi, Bluetooth or Infrared) .
- Unplugthe printer's power cord for approximately 10minutes, and then plug itback in. If troubleshooting a communicationissue, reconnect the datacable (not applicable to WiFi, Bluetooth orInfrared).
- Turn the printer back on.
Alarm / Power light flashes orange 3 times consecutively (Paper Jam Error / Cover Error) Solution:
The iP1700 may require repair
Unfortunately,the issue you describe seems to indicate that yourproduct may requirerepair service. If you feel your product mightrequire service, aTechnical Support Representative will be happy toanswer any questionsyou may have and explain the service optionsavailable to you. You cancontact us through the email link or phonenumbers listed below.
- Obtain Support by Email
- Fortoll-free technical support, please call 1 (800)828-4040 duringregular business hours (currently Monday-Friday 10:00a.m. - 10:00 p.m.EST, excluding holidays).
- Toll-free TDD Support Line for the Hearing Impaired is available Monday - Saturday (excluding holidays) at 1-866-251-3752
- Technical Support is available for Customers in Canada at 1-800-OK-CANON
The InstantExchange Warranty Program is available:
(1) only for certain printer, facsimile, multifunction, and scanner models;
(2) during the express limited warranty period for such products; and
(3) only in the continental United States, Alaska and Hawaii.
Sowe may better assist you, please make sure that you can accessyourCanon product and have the following information available whenyoucall:
- Product model name and serial number.
- Computer's operating system; for example Windows XP.
- Message displayed when the problem occurred.
- Steps you've already done to try to solve the problem.
For information regarding the Canon U.S.A., Inc. Limited Warranty, please click here
Welook forward to helping you rectify the issue you are experiencingandare always available to provide any assistance you may need.