Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Are you sure it's not the transfer roller that you want to replace?? this is the roller which sits directly under the toner cartridge, the fuser sits more towards the rear of the printer. I'll list instructions for removing both. Hope this helps
To remove the transfer roller -
1. Release the left end of the transfer roller by using needle-nose pliers to pinch two tabs at
the left end of the transfer roller.
2. Use the needle-nose pliers in the same manner to release the other end.
3. Lift the transfer roller out of the printer.
The left end of the transfer roller has a spring attached. At the right end of the roller, the
spring is attached to the printer rather than to the roller. As a result, the spring at the right
end remains in the printer.
To remove the fuser -
1. Remove the back cover and the I/O cover.
2. Remove the fuser-cable cover by releasing one tab on the cover, and then
rotating the back of the cover toward the center of the printer.
3. Remove the duplexer inlet guide by releasing two tabs on the guide, and then
sliding the guide toward the back of the printer.
Make sure that both tabs snap back into place when reinstalling the duplexer inlet guide.
4. Disconnect two cables at the left, inside, of the printer.
5. Disconnect the fuser cable at the right side of the printer.
6. Remove four screws securing the fuser.
7. Tilt the fuser slightly toward the back of the printer, and then slide the fuser out of the
back of the printer.
To remove the back cover -
1. Open the face-up delivery door all the way, and then press the door down to disengage
2. Remove two screws
3. Close the face-up delivery door, and then tip the printer so that it rests on its front.
4. Open the "legal-size" cover, and then disengage one tab.
5. Lift the bottom of the cover first, and then lift the cover away from the printer.
6. Tip the printer back so that it rests on its feet.
To remove the io cover (looking at the printer from the rear, this is the small cover on the left side) -
1. Rotate the I/O cover to clear tabs at the right side of the cover.
2. Lift the cover off of the printer.
Posted on Nov 12, 2008
Posted on Nov 12, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 27, 2015 | Canon imageRUNNER 3030 Black and White...
Jan 30, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 30, 2011 | HP LaserJet 2420 Printer
Aug 16, 2010 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 02, 2009 | HP LaserJet 2420 Printer
Jun 27, 2009 | Brother HL 5250DN Laser Printer
Jun 03, 2009 | Brother IntelliFax-2820 Laser Fax
Apr 17, 2008 | HP LaserJet 2420 Printer
1,806 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: