I have this same problem...and here is how I "fixed" it. I cleaned the connection points first off. I still received the same message. There is a little metal peice that the cartridge fits into(it kind of looks like the easter egg holder that you dye easter eggs with)...I just pushed that peice up a little so the cartridge would fit the way it is suppose to. I then received a message that my cartridge was the wrong type. So I pushed the little metal peice down a smidge...then it worked. I just "fixed" it so I can't say for how long it will stay that way...but for now it works. Hope this helps!!!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Things to check before knowing you most likely have damaged circuits in the printer.
- Have you placed the cartridges securely inside until you can feel its locked in?
- Another common mistake people make is forgetting to remove the plastic/paper tab that is placed on the cartridge to protect the electrical circuits on it and also leaking ink.
- Also; double check the compatibility of the type of cartridge youve bought.
ok the problem is very common.initially remove both the cartridges.then unplug the printer from main outlet and plug back in.this will reset the printer circuit.then after u on the printer bring back the cartridge carriage to cartridge installation position.then first clean the circuit in the carriage that touches and sense your cartridge circuit with a damp cloth.both colour and black carriage circuit.then clean the cartridge circuit too even if its new.then install both the cartridges and close the door and off the printer again and on it after 30 seconds atleast.then check it should work normally.
I cleaned mine with alcohol and Q-tip and then shook it 25 times to insure that the ink was penetrating the application lines. My hunch is it first got dirty, and then dried up on the exterior prevent additional ink from leaving the cartridge.