Question about Computers & Internet
I'm having difficulty setting up my Sitecom WL-130 Extender.
What I've done is as follows:
1. Changed IP address of Extender to be on same subnetwork as my Router. Extender's IP address is 192.168.1.253.
2. Logged into Extender's configuration page using this address and searched for my unsecured Router in the Repeater page.
3. Router was found and the SSID and the Channel Number are updated on the Extender's Configuration page with the Router's SSID and Channel Number. ESSID remains at SitecomAP.
4. Set Security on the Advanced tab to Disabled.
5. Placed my Repeater in a vantage point where there is a good signal from the Router.
However, I'm not experiencing any improvement in connection strength from the Repeater whether it's switched on or not.
Where might I be going wrong?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 01, 2009 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Sep 13, 2009 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Mar 24, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Sep 05, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus G Wireless Range Extender...
Aug 27, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus G Wireless Range Extender...
Jul 13, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jun 01, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jan 29, 2008 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Dec 25, 2007 | Linksys Wireless-G Range Expander (WRE54G)
1,023 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!