When I power on the officejet 6110xi printer it begins to make a clicking sound from the scanner and eventually gives a message that it won't be able to print. Doesn't happen everytime but it's becoming more frequent. What can I do to fix it and use my printer consistently? David
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: clicking sound from the scanner that won't stop
If it's coming from the scanner I'm guessing that the gears are grinding the wrong way and will continue to deteriorate. Safe bet is to have it checked w/ HP or at least have a technician take a look at it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Scanner failure means that the scanner bulb is no longer working. There are a few things that can sometimes bring it back but it may be a permanent issue.
1) Make sure printer is directly into the wall and not a surge protector or power strip
2) Remove cartridges from printer
3) Unplug power from back of printer and wait 30 seconds
4) While printer is unplugged press the # and 6 keys and plug power cord in. Keep holding # and 6 until the printer has either powered off or it says semi-full reset
5) Go through initialization process - if it works great the issue with firmware is fixed. If not then the scanner bulb isn't functioning and you are looking at replacing the unit.
the Issues seems to be with the hardware malfunction and it is not only related to the cartridge.
However, you can perform the following steps and in case if the issue persists, you need to replace your printer.
Connect your printer directly to the wall outlet.
1. Verify that the unit is switched on. Unplug the all-in-one from power and disconnect the connection port.
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Plug in the power only.
4. Repeat steps 2-4 two more times.
5. On the third time after plugging the unit into power, reconnect the connection port from the all-in-one to your computer.
1. Unplug the power cable from printer when the printer is powered on and wait for 20 seconds.
2. Then, press and hold # and 6 while plugging in the power cord
it is necessary to place the allign page in the scanner and then press the enter button and the scanner will read the allign ment page as it will take 2 minutes and then it will display the message allignment complete message then it will become normal as it was .so after u get the allignment page place it in the scanner unit of the printer and then press enter.