Hi there ive got an imate sp5. the keypad is damaged but mainly the centre 5 directional button. i need to know where and how i can get this problem fixed.
the software problem is my phone no longer updates the E trust antivirus on the phone as well as i can no longer delete old messages of the phone. and if it does delete and switch my phone off and on. all those deleted messages are back on my phone and all my current message dont save to the phone..
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
it sounds as if it needs a numeric keypad. this is a common problem. unless it hasn't been in contact with liquid of physical damage, then it should be done under warranty.
you should take the phone to a repair centre or place of purchase and it should be free.
hope this helps...
Press "clear/stop" button, then "1" then "0" then "7" then press and hold "clear/stop" button for ~ 3 seconds. This sequence has to be completed within 5 seconds. This will get you into SP mode. (Don't mess with any other settings in SP mode because this could damage the machine). Now, you will need to navigate to SP5 area, then scroll thru until you find 999 (5-999) Good luck.
here it is
1. Press and hold soft1 and soft2 keys.
2. Press and hold power button for around 1 to 1.5 seconds. Release power button. Keep hold soft1 and soft2 keys.
3. Later, screen shoould show instructions to ask user to press '0' key to reset to factory default.
4. Press '0' within the timeout period, which is only several seconds only.
5. If no instruction is shown on the screen, repeat steps 1 to 4.
The timing is sensitive.