When I plug in my grill and push the power button, no lights come on and the grill does not heat up. This is the second grill of the same model I have owned with the same problem. The first one I returned to AAFES within a week for a replacement. I live in Japan where I work for the U.S. military, and the appliance repair shop here told me they could not fix the grill without parts, but did not tell me what parts. Have you seen this problem in other grills, is there a recall, and can I buy the part(s) needed to repair? Thanks for any assistance you can offer.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It sounds like your grill may have a glo plug type of ignition system if there is a light inside the grill instead of a spark to light each burner. If your grill is hard wired to the house elelctrical, it may be that a breaker is tripped and the power is not getting to the glo plug and the grill us using a battery back up to try and light the grill. The batterys do not last long, and when they get weak, the plug will glow, but not hot enough to light the grill. The other possibility is that you have a short, or some other problem, that is preventing enough voltage to reach the glo plug, the plug will glow, but not hot enough to light the grill.
If your grill is plugged into an electrical outlet with a GFI (ground fault interrupter) plug, chances are the hot rod has absorbed or been exposed to too much moisture and is leaking to ground causing the plug to trip.
Open your cooking chamber lid, remove cooking grill, angled drip pan and U-shaped firepot cover. Is there ash build up in the firepot and/or around the firepot? If so, this needs to be cleaned out. The ash is choking out the fire.
Check the fuse on the back of the control board. To do this, first UNPLUG the grill from the electrical outlet. Then, unscrew the control board and look at the fuse-is it blown or not?
If the fuse is good, check for power by switching the colored plugs first. Unplug the purple plug and the orange plug. Plug the purple plug into the orange plug. Now plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet and turn the grill on. Does the induction fan operate? If so, you will need a new hot rod and fuse. If not, you will need a new control board. Unplug the purple from the orange and reconnect the plugs together to their correct color plug.
Presumably you have the grill connected to your 120v house power via an extension cord to the electrical box attached on the outsiderear of the grill.
And that is where your rotisserie is plugged in, into one of the two available outlets at that same electrical box.
The other outlet is meant for the hood light, which connects via a pigtail from the little transformer inside rear of the grille. (If that connection is made and the light still does not work, check the bulb for burnout.)
Does the ignitor work? You probably already know this from reading the manual, but there is an AA battery which powers the ignitor--not the 120v system. Unscrew the cap on the ignitor button and ensure a new alkaline AA battery is installed correctly, put - (negative) side of battery in first.
In some grills with electronic ignitions, the battery is behind the button that you push in to light the grill. You can unscrew the button and check to see if the battery is behind it. On some grills, the button is nothing more than a button and you have to look for a sepearte battery box on the grill. Some grills have the battery in a box behind the front panel, the button to light the grill is in front of the grill and you have to unscrew the cap to the button to release the battery box from behind the panel.
if the grill is constant sparking when the oven was on and turns off when the oven is not in use then u either have a defective pcb/ht lead or electrode if it is self lighting or if you have to push in a button then this button or control will have a problem
Step 1: Check the power cord, the plug, and the outlet. Then look for blown fuses or tripped circuit breakers at the main entrance panel or at a separate panel. Step 2: If the range is receiving power, set the timer on the range to the MANUAL position. Step 3: If the element still doesn't heat, turn off the power to the range and test it with a VOM set to the RX1 scalethank u................
Everything you described is normal, except not heating up. When you first plug it in, you will see 'dashes' that tell you it is getting power. When you press the Power Button, the grill will start at the Default Temp of 300F and the Timer starts at 5 minutes. You now change the temp to what you want. It takes 5 minutes to get your grill to your tempreature, so the timer should 'count-down' as the grill heats up. As for not heating up, I think you will need to get that 'looked at' for repairs.