Question about RCA Televison & Video
I have a RCA DVD player that somehow has the parental control set on it. We did not set it and don't have a clue as to the password. Is there a way to reset or unlock this feature? I am not sure of the model right now, but it is not a DVD/VCR combo and it is several years old. It is asking for a 4 digit password.
Called Zenith. They said: turn on the DVD player. Hit "set-up". Scroll down to the "lock" icon. Scroll over to "Rating". Scroll over to unlock. Enter 0000. Click on Ok. Enter 0000 again, click Ok again. Menu should read unlock. Voila!
Posted on Nov 11, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 07, 2013 | Televison & Video
Parental control setting
Some discs are specified not suitable for children. Such
discs can be limited not to play back with the unit.
1) Press C or D to select "Parental", then press B
or A until the level you require appears.
• Level Off: The parental control setting does not
• Level 8: All DVD software can be played back.
• Level 1: DVD software for adults cannot be
Select from the level 1 to level 8. The limitation will
be more severe as the level number is lower.
2) Press C or D to select "Password".
Press Number buttons (0-9) to input a 4-digit
password. Be sure to remember this number!
• If you input a wrong number, press CLEAR.
3) Press ENTER to store the password.
Note: Now the rating is locked and the setting cannot
be changed unless you enter the correct pass
4) Press OPEN/CLOSE to activate Parental control
setting. (See "Temporary disabling of rating level by
DVD disc" on page 36.)
• Depending on the discs, the unit cannot limit playback.
• Some discs may not be encoded with specific rating
level information though its disc jacket says "adult." For
those discs, the age restriction will not work.
To change the parental level
1) Press C or D to select "Password".
2) Press Number buttons (0-9) to enter the password
you have stored.
3) Press ENTER.
• The rating is now unlocked.
4) Press C or D to select "Parental", then press B
or A to change the parental level.
5) Press C or D to select "Password", then press
Number buttons (0-9) to enter the password.
Note: You can change the password if you want.
6) Press ENTER.
Now the parental level is changed and locked.
If you forget the password...
1. Press OPEN/CLOSE to open the disc tray.
2. Remove the disc.
3. Press OPEN/CLOSE again to close the disc tray.
"No Disc" appears on the screen.
4. While holding STOP down on the front panel,
press 7 on the remote control. "PASSWORD
CLEAR" appears on the screen.
5. Enter a new password again.
hope this helps
Mar 24, 2011 | Toshiba SD-K740 DVD Player
Mar 05, 2011 | GoVideo DV2150 DVD Player/VCR
Jun 24, 2010 | Disney Ramone DVD Player
Jan 01, 2010 | JVC XV-M555 Multi-disc DVD Player
Mar 20, 2008 | RCA 20F510TD 20 in. TV/DVD Combo
Feb 16, 2008 | Cyberhome CH-DVD 300 DVD Player
178 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: