Question about Canon I960 InkJet Photo Printer
Opening/closing the cover normally makes the carraige position change. now opening or closing the cover does nothing. unplugged USB and power, no change.
when i check printer status using the maintanence tab i get a print error
It seem the cartidges are stuck.
Try to open the printer and look for something blocking them, also try to gently manually push the cartidges from the side where they are to the middle of the printer.
Posted on Nov 15, 2008
This is a mechanical problem already with your printer and may require some part replacement, so it will be better if you can take it to a service center.........
Posted on Nov 15, 2008
1) Power off printer
2) Hold RESUME button then press and hold POWER. (The beeper MAY sound once, or may not depending on your model. (http://canonresetter.fortunebisnis.com/))
3) Hold POWER and Release RESUME.
4) Press RESUME twice then release both POWER and RESUME buttons.
5) When the indicator lights steady, press RESUME 4 times
6) Press power to set data.
7) Print away!
For other codes for other printers and more info go here to this big forum (but try the above first) Fix Your Own Printer Generally many of Canon's models use exactly this same code, the i models use the same code, all the s models use the same code.
Posted on Nov 12, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 06, 2010 | Canon I960 InkJet Photo Printer
Oct 11, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 7310 All-In-One InkJet...
1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and open the Paper Output Tray.
2. Lift the Scanning Unit (Cover), then hold it open with the Scanning Unit Support on the right side.
The FINE Cartridge Holder moves to the replacement position.
3. FINE Cartridge.
(1) Pinch the tabs and open the Ink Cartridge Locking Cover.
(2) Remove the FINE Cartridge.
4. Prepare the new FINE Cartridge.
(1) Take a new FINE Cartridge out of its package and remove the orange protective tape gently.
5. Install the FINE Cartridge.
(1) Put a new FINE Cartridge in the FINE Cartridge Holder.
The Color FINE Cartridge should be installed into the left slot and the Black FINE Cartridge should be into the right slot.
(2) Close the Ink Cartridge Locking Cover to lock the FINE Cartridge into place.
Push down the Ink Cartridge Locking Cover until it clicks.
(3) Confirm that the Ink Cartridge Locking Cover is closed correctly.
(E) Closed correctly
(F) Not closed correctly (the cover is tilted)
6. Lift the Scanning Unit (Cover) slightly to set the Scanning Unit Support back to its original position, and gently close the Scanning Unit (Cover).
Oct 05, 2010 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 15, 2009 | Cannon Canon i960 Photo Printer
Nov 07, 2009 | Cannon Canon i960 Photo Printer
Aug 07, 2009 | HP DeskJet 990cxi InkJet Printer
May 27, 2009 | Canon MultiPASS F60 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 25, 2009 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 18, 2009 | HP PSC 2410 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 07, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!