I have Zebra P330i printer, have done the cleaning using short and long cards. Display shows "Ready". On printing using color ribbon, the messages (Printing Yellow, Printing Magenta...)appear on...
Knowing that you were able to complete the proper cleaning procedure using the short and long cards, and the printer is on ready status, try to change the ribbon and test. Make sure the card is properly inserted with the magnetic stripe on the top facing down. Also make sure that the ribbon is properly loaded. There should be an instruction on the cover for its proper orientation.
If it still does not print, make sure your configuration on the printer is set to the proper type of cards HICO or LOCO and the ribbon type is properly set to YMCKO for color. Also, check if you have enabled mag stripe encoding or if you don't need to have it enabled. Enabling means that the printer will check for the mag stripe if its good or bad. If bad the printer will reject the card.
Do a self test print by following the below.
1. Set the printer's power switch (on the back of the printer) to the OFF ( O ) position.
2. While pressing the Printer's front panel button (next to the LCD display panel), switch the
printer ON ( ' ).
3. Hold the panel button until the LCD display panel reads "SELF TEST".
4. Release the panel button, and the test card will print
If no prints, observed for any mechanical errors on the printer. Normally mechanical errors are detected by the printer with corresponding error message.
If none of the above works then you might have a print head problem. You may attempt to clean it by following below. Else if it does not help then have your print head replaced.
A cleaning using the Cleaning Cards usually suffices. However, a separate Print Head cleaning
can remove more stubborn deposits when print anomalies persist. To avoid deposits, only use
1. Place the printer power switch in the OFF ( O ) position.
2. Open the Main Cover, release the Print Head Carriage, and remove the ribbon. Leave the
Print Head Carriage in its raised position. (For details, see Chapter 2.)
3. Clean Print Head by moving an alcohol-moistened swab tip side-to-side across the Print
Head elements. Only use moderate force. To re-order swabs, please refer to the Media List
on the Windows Drivers and User Documentation CD supplied with this printer.
4. The swabs can also be used in a similar manner to clean the optional magnetic encoding
Jul 12, 2011 |
Zebra P330i Thermal Card Printer