Question about Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Pro V2010 Notebook
Hello. I just bought a Scaleo PC, Amilo Notebook and am a little lost. My questions qre: must I make three CDs of the basic programs or is that only if the notebook doesnt start up in the beginning? Where is any indication of the wifi? Do I have to buy a Windows xp to connect the laptop to my desktop printer and scanner and modem because they all say I cant connect even with the original cd because I dont have XP or 2000 or 1998? Does Vista not do these incredibly sophisticated operations?Thank you. DC
Hi there, you have several questions in one! I will attempt to answer them for you, however I may need more information on the latter question ref the Vista.
Firstly, you are not required to make the 3 Cd's of the basic programmes, however it is well worthwhile, You should have a system restore point within the accessories icon on startup which will work 90% of the time, should you encounter a problem, however should you fall into the remaining 10% of the time, you will save yourself alot of heartache / cash if you have the discs done! By the time that your notebook does not start, it will be too late! Therefore my advice is create those 3 discs when it is working well soon!
Secondly, you should have a picture of a computer monitor in the bottom right of task bar (screen) If it has a red cross next to it, then you have not switched it on manually. (switch will be near the writing "wireless" on your notebook. If the icon is not there, then the feature probably has not been activated. Therefore, click on start (bottom left of screen) and click on "connect to" and you will see "show all connections" click on that and a box will open, once there, you will see "create new connection" click on that and follow the wizard to enable you to set up the Wifi connection.
Thirdly,I may need more info for this one as am basing my answer on what I am reading as what you describe in my opinion is unusual, ( I am assuming that when you pug in your item, that the hardware wizard is not finding / installing the hardware) I would try installing the software for each of the items from the Cd first and once completed shut down your notebook, then connect those items using the Usb lead, ensure that you are using a brand new Usb lead where possible, I am assuming that you have access to a cd reader at this time, Alternatively you could look up the driver on the web from the manufacturers website and then download it before connecting your items.
Ok another solution could be to your problem, which is another topic, is to create your own wireless network between your notebook and your desktop computer, then you do not have to physically connect to your note book. I hope this helps you, regards, Chris
Posted on Nov 11, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 21, 2013 | Fujitsu Siemens SCALEO 600 (FSP:83C005617)...
Mar 11, 2010 | Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Pro V1000 Notebook
Feb 23, 2010 | Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Pro V2000 Notebook
Aug 07, 2009 | Gateway M305CRV Notebook
Apr 30, 2009 | Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Pro V1000 Notebook
Apr 13, 2009 | Fujitsu AMILO Pro V1000 Notebook
Apr 25, 2008 | Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Pro V2010 Notebook
Oct 21, 2007 | Fujitsu AMILO M-6500 Notebook
245 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!