Printer wont work...thought it was just plug and use. No luck.
Hi. I shifterd house a couple miles. Until then, the Brother all in one printer (which I had never yet bothered with the fax function, but I can now as I have a phone lead nearby now) was working well. I thought I would just connect the leads and go.(Just as if I had a power blackout) No luck. No the window used to say the time and date and fax ...before it received data and printed. Now it doesn't say "receiving data." and nothing happens. I changed the date, etc....but I really don't understand what all the command options mean. I can't read dark grey on mid grey easily.....and I must print out assignment work soon. The book is buried somewhere surely in the packing.I was so careful to save the book, that I put it really safe....so NO ONE can find it...there's no time to search for it. Surely I don't have to do the disk thing? The computer knows the printer is there. What do I need to press to get it going.?
Re: printer wont work...thought it was just plug and use....
Disconnect the phone lead,turn off your printer and computer. Reset the computer and reconnect the printer and follow through with the instructions additionally you might have to go online and reinstall the drivers.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Unplug the power code then plug it in again. Do this where it plugs into the wall and also do it where the cord plugs into the printer.
2. If the printer is plugged into a power strip, switch to off then to On.
3. If nothing else is plugged into the same wall outlet or power strip, plug in a lamp, for example, to see if it works. If not, the circuit breaker for the wall outlet probably needs to be reset. Circuit breakers are in the main electrical panel/box for your house. There should be one that is moved to the left. Push all the way to left and then push to right firmly until it makes a loud CLICK.
First make sure that the printer is connected securely from the power outlet to the rear of of the machine. And press the on/off switch on the right side of the printer. The blue light/ go button should lit up.
Hope this helps. Rate if it works. Thanks
You need to do the Power Purge Option: It works like a charm on my 6490....
Hold down the menu key. While still holding the menu key, unplug the machine and plug it back in. Do not let go of the key until the machine reboots and the screen says "maintenence". Hit the following keys: 7, 6, 4,black start. The machine will then go into "power purge" or deep clean mode for about 5-7 minutes. When complete hit: 99 to get out of maintanence and reboot. Be sure to have extra ink cartidges on hand as it does use up a lot of ink but this process works the best every time when the printer wont print
* Buy alcohol solution (70% or more). You can find it in any drug store.
* Remove both cartridges from the printer head. Unplug the printer head from the printer body. Pour the alcohol into paper towel layer.
* put the printer head on the top of wet towel with the face of HEAD touching the towel.
* clean the head with the towel and get rid of all the built-up ink on the head.
* Pour the alcohol into the printer head container (ink-receptacle area is where the ink cartridge normally sits, notice a small hole where the ink flow into the printer). Do not touch any electronic parts and let it dry over night.
* Do step 2-5 again if necessary.
* Install the cartridge back to the printer and run several head cleaning maintenance, print nozzle check, make sure to repeat this step until no more dead nozzle shown.
Please post your feedback and Vote if the problem resolved as per your satisfaction.
if you have done a couple cleanings and it has not helped, its one of 2 things, either your ink cartridge is empty and needs to be replaced, or the nozzles are clogged on the printhead, also air can be in the turbing causing it not to let the liquid flow.
Remove the color cartridges. On one end you can see the opaque ink tank inside the main cart. housing. Cut a piece of black electrical tape to fit around the three sides visible of the ink tank. Make sure the tape fits inside the housing and adheres to the tank itself. This makes the printer think your ink is always full but you can always tell when you need to refill/replace the ink(right?). Good Luck!