Question about Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook
Mac Powerbook G4 Titanium Laptop..drive seems fine..startup hangs up alot..movement if it does start up hangs up. Info leads to resetting ram chips..have not done that yet..otherwise a display problem or cable inside the laptop to display..may need parts. Is it worth trying to fix it to keep it for a surfing laptop machine? Any idea on parts...I do have a local Mac person for $80 per hour..but, suggests it is display & cable issue..need to find parts.
1. Go to Support on Apple.com, search memory upgrades for your model and follow instructions for inserting the ram modules correctly. These MUST be properly seated and locked or strange intermittent bad stuff will happen.
2. At same time note make and type of memory from label, and double check that it is the correct memory from a high end maker. Macs do not like low-life sketchy memory.
3. Cables that go through the hinges are very fragile and subject to damage as well as wear and tear. Limit opening and closing display, partial or full. Titanium's have well-known hinge problems - do not let them get loose, and Google solutions if they do.
4. Find a nearby Apple store and make an appointment at the Genius Bar. It won't cost anything for a simple diagnosis or repair, and they are VERY helpful as long as you are too.
5. Parts: iFixit.com, and Google many others some with specific repair instructions on-line. I have a spare near new display cable for Titanium's, but replacing this part is extremely difficult for even most experts.
Posted on Nov 18, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 16, 2013 | Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook
Sep 09, 2017 | Apple 15" PowerBook G4 Aluminum 1.67 GHz...
Jul 22, 2010 | Apple Powerbook G4 15" Screen Mac...
Jan 22, 2010 | FastMac (APP-5693) for PowerBook G4...
Oct 03, 2009 | Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook
Jun 21, 2009 | Apple iBook G4 Mac Notebook
Apr 01, 2009 | Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook
85 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!