Question about Alpine MRP-F250 Car Audio Amplifier

1 Answer

Getting shocked by my truck

Everytime I turn off my truck I get shocked when I touch metal, even through my clothes, as I slide out. Does anyone know the problem?? Also, I'm only running a 600W Pioneer bridged to channels 3 and 4...is this o.k.?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Corporal:

    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 17 Answers

Yes it is..Its only static electricity.. But be careful if you are getting gas.. Do not start pumping gas and then get back in to your truck while pumping and then get back out and grab nozzle WITHOUT touching metal first.. Even a little static can ignite the fumes..Rule #1.. Ground yourself before touching the gas nozzle..

Posted on Nov 11, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a stihl chainsaw MS 08s and I keep getting electric shocks, does anyone know why


The 08s has a metal shrouding.
1) The spark plug wire could be shorting around it's exit hole.
2) A coil 'kill' wire could be rubbing or shorting to the housing
3) The kill switch can be shorting internally

Jan 10, 2017 | Stihl Garden

1 Answer

I have a tata indica 2006 the back wiper doesnt work also the car has just decided not to start needs to be pushed to start also everytime we get out the car we shock what could be the problem


the shock that you experience on getting out of the car is static electricity that is being generated by your cloths on the plastic seats. IT discharges as you touch the door and break contact with the seat.. The next problem is to have the battery load tested as I suspect that there is a dead cell ( push starts but not from the ignition start) Lastly check for rear wiper fuse and check that the rear wiper is not rusted up and seized from lack of use and dust.

May 04, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

What causes my pc to shock nd wats d solution


If you are getting shocked every time you touch your laptop then its because your building of static electricity from your environment. It's just physics and touching anything metal, like screws on the laptop, will discharge it.

Jul 12, 2012 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Dryer stop working then start shocking you when touch


The first thing you need to do is turn the breaker off to the dryer , that way you don't risk shock trying to unplug it. The next step is to locate where the wire is arcing over, I would start at where the plug comes into the dryer and move on from there. Thats a very dangerous situation, be careful and good luck

May 27, 2012 | Whirlpool Dryers

1 Answer

When i touch metallic part in my refrigerator i got shock.


This is not good, especially if you have a pacemaker. There are a few parts to try but you will get a poke from one of them. If this is fairly consistent, put on gloves or plastic bags on your hands and open the fridge.

Quickly push the light switch off, then slide out of the glove or plastic bag on the free hand and touch the metallic parts again. No shock? Then let go of the light switch and try again. Shocked? If so the problem is in the light switch or bulb fixture. Condensation has grounded either part.

Now there is a fan on the freezer section. Try turning the controls to off for the freezer. No shock? Then fan motor in that section is shorting. If shocked look somewhere else.

Timer circuit. Depending on model, you have a box which regulates the Autodefrost cycle. Unplug it and if shock goes away its a bad timer.

Now for all of these parts you can usually do good at Servall, an appliances parts store. If after all these shocks and hair on end you can not find the problem, a repair man can hook up a diagnostic meter to check out the motor and get readings for some of the internal parts.

I hope you find my solutions very helpful and that you find your problem.

Dec 14, 2010 | Refrigerators

1 Answer

I am getting no response when i push the power button. I have a mitsubishi medallion 65'' 1080p tv. This just happened out of nowhere. there is no blinking light nothing. i noticed that there is power...


Front buttons . Remove the lower front speaker covers/panels by pulling . Then unplug connector ZF to the keypad . Then wait 3 minutes and try to turn it on with the remote . You may have to remove the access panel to find connector ZF (just follow the wiresdown from the front keypad). Don't touch , turn or break anything else while inside the access panel!
Let me know if that works

Oct 21, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Getting electric shock from water in washing machine and laundry


Yes, because there may be a problem with your incoming electric service. Call your power company to check out their equipment, if their equipment is ok, then call a reputable electrician, because the problem may involve your equipment

Aug 09, 2009 | Whirlpool Washing Machines

1 Answer

Is anyone getting a front right hand fender noise evertime you hit a bump- it sounds like metal on metal- Thanks for any help


After looking at mine I have a Rubicon there is not much there. Check your shock mount and spring mounts to ensure there is no damage or breaks.

Jun 13, 2009 | 2008 Jeep Wrangler

1 Answer

WHY DOES MY CAR SHOCK ME


I'm not sure I follow you here. A 12 volt battery does not have enough voltage to shock you. You may be getting a static electricity discharge. Usually this will or can occur in dry climates or when humidity is low. The vinyl interior is a good insulator and if you wear nylon or polyester you will generate electricity so when you touch a door handle or lock and especially any metal.
Let me know what you think.
Regards,

Apr 07, 2009 | 2006 Chevrolet Aveo

Not finding what you are looking for?
Alpine MRP-F250 Car Audio Amplifier Logo

Related Topics:

84 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Alpine Car Audio & Video Experts

xxxxxx xxx

Level 3 Expert

4766 Answers

Tygh Duval
Tygh Duval

Level 2 Expert

290 Answers

Jaime Hernandez

Level 3 Expert

2292 Answers

Are you an Alpine Car Audio and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...