Question about Whirlpool Refrigerators
I have a whirlpool gold side by side refridgerator. I lost the manual and I have to change the water filter. the model number is gs5shaxtl01.
please help thank you
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
Filter is at the bottom of the fridge, in the grill, 6-8" from the left side.
Manual and parts list is available at http://shared.whirlpoolcorp.com/product_literature/search_results.jsp?searchTerm=gs5shaxtl01&siteCd=WHRCOM
1. Press the eject button to release the filter from the base grille.
2. Pull the filter straight out.
3. Turn the cap counterclockwise to remove it from the filter.
IMPORTANT: Do not discard the cap. It is part of your
refrigerator. Keep the cap to use with the replacement filter.
4. Align the ridge on the cap with the arrow on the new filter and
turn the cap until it snaps into place.
NOTE: You can run the dispenser without a filter. Your water
will not be filtered. Simply insert the cap all of the way into the
base grille and rotate the cap until it is firmly in place.
5. Remove the protective covers from the O-rings. Be sure the
O-rings are still in place after the covers are removed.
6. Push the filter into the base grille. The eject button will pop
back out when the filter is fully engaged.
7. Flush the water system. See “Water and Ice Dispensers.”
gaskets. Do not use paper towels, scouring pads, or other harsh
Posted on Nov 11, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 05, 2016 | Whirlpool Refrigerators
May 04, 2014 | Refrigerators
Apr 23, 2011 | Whirlpool Gold White-on-White 21.9 cu. ft....
Jun 08, 2010 | Whirlpool 25.3 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side...
Jun 07, 2010 | Whirlpool 25.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
Jun 03, 2010 | Whirlpool Gold White-on-White 21.9 cu. ft....
Mar 11, 2010 | Whirlpool 25.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
Apr 28, 2009 | Whirlpool Gold GS6SHEXNQ 25.6 Cu. Ft....
Jan 04, 2009 | Whirlpool 25.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
270 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!