Question about Televison & Video

2 Answers

The top half of screen does not line up with the bottom half.

The top and bottom are off about1/8 inch. The flyback transformer was replaced recently to fix an original problem. the "tech" told us he has no idea,unless the flyback was a bad one. He suggested using it for about 30 days to see if the flyback shorts out again.
RCA model number 32F530TYX1 . Flat screen 32 inch. ser# D494C21BO.

// 20) { clearInterval(_timer); alert('ERROR: failed to initiate rich text editor, please reload this page'); return; } if(typeof frames['Post'] != 'undefined') { if(typeof frames['Post'].document != 'undefined') { clearInterval(_timer); write_rte_editor('Post', '', '500px', '320', true, false); } } tryCount++; }, 100); }// ]]>

Posted by on

  • lab51 Nov 11, 2008




2 Answers

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert that has over 500 points.


    An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 196 Answers

Check out on the main board if the near by capacitor to that transformer is getting short.also check out the voltages if the board is receiving extra voltage then required it gets heated up and the flyback transformer gets short due to it

Posted on Nov 11, 2008

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Brigadier General:

    An expert that has over 10,000 points.

  • Master
  • 3,614 Answers

Check the also vertical sync on tv, could be some adjustment or this one is faulty.

Posted on Nov 11, 2008

  • micromaster
    micromaster Nov 11, 2008

    just let us know. & update us and feel free to ask..

    thank for using fixya.



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

No power out

You have no power because you didn't fix 2 or 3 electrolytic capacitors when you saw warning signs. Warning signs start as horizontal lines every half inch or so. Black bars on the top and bottom, then collapsing to a horizontal line, then complete failure.
You will need a horizontal output transistor, the aforementioned electrolytic capacitors, a voltage rectifier, possibly a high voltage coil called a flyback transformer, wire wound resistor, maybe a low resistance resistor, maybe a high voltage capacitor. In some tvs you need an EPROM ic. I hope you can find someone with the knowledge and expertise these days when the modern throwaway society put almost all electronic repair shops out of business. It may cost about $300 - $400 to get repaired or you can get a modern flat-screen tv for $800 - $1,000 and reinvest that money.

Nov 27, 2013 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

73' dlp white lines lots of them

The problem is in the flyback transformer, or there is a open resistor in the video output, one possible solution is adjust the screen control on the flyback transformer a very slight tweak anti-clockwise, this in a lot of cases will fix the problem, but you must use extreme care, "high voltage danger"

Apr 14, 2012 | Mitsubishi WD-65000 65" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

My TV has been acting strange lately. When I turn it on, the screen looks purple and has these horizontal lines up and down the entire screen. They don't expand to both sides of the screen, though. WHen...

there seems to be a problem in the horizontal circuit...there is a control on the flyback transformer that is labeled "screen". (you'll have to take the back off) The flyback is the component that looks sort of round with the red high voltage lead coming out the top and connecting to the top of the picture tube.On the back of the flyback there will be 2 or 3 controls if 2 there will be 1 focus and 1 screen, if 3 there are 2 focus and 1 screen..using an insulated flat blade screwdriver, slowly turn the screen control counterclockwise to see if this will make the lines go away...if not then there is a horizontal cicuit fault and quit possibly a pincushion problem(hourglass effect)..these will need to be checked by a service shop

Jan 22, 2011 | Sylvania 6432TFY TV

1 Answer

Thin Red Lines on Top of Screen

Sorry, that is common for generic replacement xformers for
your make / model . There are some adjustments to minimize
the effect in servicer can try turning down the
screen control a bit....................T.

Dec 21, 2007 | RCA F36650 36" TV

1 Answer

Very poor picture

  • your problem is called picture with retrace lines.
  •  your problem is in video output circuit
  • as you are saying that it was off for a year that means there is possibility of loose contact in that section.
  • plz check the following
  • supply to video output absent or loose print.
  • loose connector in crt base.
  • crt base loose
  • voltage on screen control or g2 absent or wire loose.
  • screen control located on flyback transformer mistuned.
  • hope this will help
  • good luck.


Oct 19, 2007 | Proscan PS32125 32" TV

3 Answers

Flyback transformer on television

Single white line across screen mean a vertical colapse. So you will need the vertical output and maybe a cap around 100uf@50v.

Sep 13, 2007 | RCA E13320 13" TV

2 Answers

Tv help!

When you have the back off, look for the flyback (high voltage) transformer. This is the part that has the thick red wire protruding from its top which attaches to the top of the picture tube with a suction cup. On the flyback there are 2 controls, the bottom one is screen and the top one is focus. Turn the bottom control (screen) down (counterclockwise) until the white lines go away and the brightness looks normal. Then turn the top control (focus) until the picture is nice and sharp. If the F connector has been pulled out and the TV has RCA (red, white, yellow) jacks, use those jacks and set the TV to INPUT.

Aug 13, 2007 | Zenith A27A11D 27" TV

1 Answer


Did you adjust the two controls on the new flyback? The top one is almost always the focus control and the bottom is the G2/screen control (brightness) If you adjust the G2 do it until the picture looks normal, too high and you will get retrace lines through the picture.

Jan 25, 2007 | RCA D32F750T TV

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

Related Topics:

22 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74844 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5262 Answers

Are you a Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides