Question about Lexmark Z715 InkJet Printer
Feeds paper halfway, and I can hear the sounds of it printing, afterwards I see that nothing was printed. Also, states paper jam, but it's not. Good on ink.
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. (On the X83, press the Select button.)
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Dec 14, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 23, 2013 | Lexmark Z715 InkJet Printer
Apr 29, 2010 | Lexmark X5495 All-in-One &USB...
Mar 24, 2010 | Lexmark Z715 InkJet Printer
Nov 07, 2009 | Lexmark X5495 Printer
Jun 03, 2009 | Lexmark Z715 Photo Inkjet Printer
Apr 06, 2009 | Lexmark Z715 Photo Inkjet Printer
Jan 08, 2008 | Lexmark JetPrinter X1185 All-In-One InkJet
Dec 18, 2007 | Lexmark Z715 InkJet Printer
Jan 04, 2010 | Lexmark Z715 InkJet Printer
158 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: