Colour pictures have pink and blue horizontal lines from top to bottom this was a new cartridge (not cannon) which printed ok for a while,i have run the printer through its cleaning function to no avail can you help please
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: printing in colour
You need a NEW Print head, the cartridge may also cause this problem, however most likely the
problem is from the printhead(it's the thing the ink tanks fit into inside printer). I hope this helps, good luck. You could also run a deep cleaning and use real Canon inks and that would help as well.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi this can mean two things: 1., the nozzles on the cartridge need cleaning => print a nozzle cleaning
page (it's in the printers software, if this does not work you may try
taking the cartridge out and cleaning the bottom with warm water (be
careful, dry it before putting back) 2., the cartridge ran out of blue or yellow color => replace it or get it refilled Good luck!
1) Could be your printer settings, check out your printer preferences to make sure your not printing a negative or make sure you colour corrections is enabled.
2) If the colour cartridge is a 3 in 1, just one of the colours may have run out. Giving a distorted picture. That means a new cartridge. The best way to check that is to go to your printer tool box and print out a test sheet. There should be 3 colours (Magenta, Yellow and Blue) and Black. If one's missing, the cartridge is out one colour.
keep cleaning untill it starts to print clearly, you may reuse the same paper for that purpose, if you don't see any progress after 10 cleans, consider getting lasser printers, they are immune to print head drying and save alot of money on ink replacements. go with brother color or black and white series. I switched and don't have problems anymore
Hi there :
on mine i had to use some rubbing alcohol and clean the new cartridge and the contact area on the p[rinter then reinstalled the cartridges and kept running the cleaner program and then about 15 sheets of paper later it finally cleared up and the color returned to normal and i had no more prohblems
ur printer prints in blues pinks n purple: its very simple :there r three prime colours in ur colour cartridge that forms all the other colour variation they are cyan, magenta n yellow. ur yellow colour in ur cartridge is either dried or empty thats the reason its not printing the colour variations which requires yellow. the solution is to either get ur colour cartridge refilled or replace ur colour cartridge. rate this solution as fixya n encourage us to help u solve ur problems in future too.thanks 4 using fixya.