I changed the bearing on my machine ive put everything back together, now the machine will not let enough water in and will not flush the powder from the dispencer,then the machine will start as normal for about 1/4 hour then 2 lights come on at the front of the machine witch are the rinse&spin and final spin lights adding to the wash light that was on already,then the machine will not do anything else. if anyone could help me please?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I just fixed a F&P GW612. There was a darning needle stuck in the drain motor pump stopping the propeller from spinning around. I fixed it for my mum by watching a couple of You Tube videos. Easy job to do. Took me about 1.5 hours including drawing out the water from the drum with a bucket & jug first. Lay the machine on a soft mat, remove the motor pump from underneath, clean it out. (You could find a foreign object such as a coin, cloth, rubber band etc.) Put it back together & test if it's pumping out water at the rince cycle by doing a low water wash cycle. So happy, job done & I saved my mum some money!!
Initially we 1)used less detergent and make sure its marked 'he' . extra soap suds initiates error codes. 2) ran white vinegar with no detergent to clear suds 3) opened, checked and cleared trap.
Everything worked for a time but codes would return or like you would not finish wash cycle until water line in back of machine was made rigid so there was no chance of water or sud backup. So far so good. Good luck.
Hi just read your posting.Did you remove any wires to the control module which is located under the top panel when you replaced the bearings.Now did you put the cold inlet hose to the water valve marked with the letter C and the hot to H ?These letters are next to the valves.Have you got the Efficiency option button?Can you select a manual water level instead of just an auto fill?Have you tried to put the machine throe a spin cycle?Do you hear any water coming into the machine at all?Please with additional information to these questions and I am sure we can rectify this problem for you.
I'd love to say yes! The machine is stopping because it will not drain. This is what the nd code means. Therefore, it will not rinse (add more water) or spin because the water level is already too high and to try to "spin it out" would put too much pressure on the machine with that much water in it. Drain out the water by putting the drain hose below the level of the washer (this takes forever) and call your repair man back!
The washer drew half a tub of water on the "Bulky items" cycle, and stopped. All the lights on the cycle dial light up and flash, the machine beeps and the me error message in the "estimated time remaining" field is "Ld". I've tried to shut the machine down and change the cycle to "drain and spin" but it will not agitate, won't drain or spin.
Most washers have a drain hose that is mouted high to keep the water in. If you drop the hose to floor level it will drain with out help. Be sure you have a floor drain or bucket. Then check the belt on the motor if there is slack it will not engage the pump for drain to operate. Need to tighten the belt.
Being fairly mechanically adept - I tried this on my old Hotpoint WMA31 -- it took around 90 mins to get the drum out (virtually everything had to come out) and 1- mins to split it in two - then another 30 mins to knock the bearings out. I then ruined one new bearing trying to knock rather than pull it in and had to order a second set - then whatever I tried I could not get the drum fully back on the spindle (which was rather pitted) so ended up scrapping it !
As an aid to putting it back together I took 32 digital photos of different stages of getting the drum out so that is a measure of complexity...