Question about HP PSC 750 All-In-One InkJet Printer
The message in the window is "Scanner failure
Turn power off and then on again"
I can print if directed off the computer, but not if I want to print something from the machine itself (on the glass).
I had the same problem and someone on this site provided a solution and so far it works! I've trawled and tried everything and was about to give up and go any buy a new printer/scanner and throw this one away - but no need. It's a good printer, but finally have a solution.
1. lift up the scanner lid and then remove it from the hinges (pull towards you and it should easily come off)
2. in the back of the printer, there are 2 small screws. Remove them. I used a very small headed flat screwdriver. Keep an eye on them as they will fall out and you don't want to lose them.
3. OK - now a little bit of gentle muscle and pryinbg is required. What we need to do now is to remove all of the grey cover. Stand back and see all the grey cover? It's one piece and we need to remove it. The back will come off as the screws are removed. Try and pry the front of by pushing and pulling. Use a bit of strength to get it off but read step 4 quickly!
4. The cover is connected to a white ribbon - don't remove it. You will need to set the the cover to the right but make sure where you set the cover is at the same height of the printer or the ribbon will come out. Put some books or other things to the side of the right side of the printer and when the cover is off just move the cover to the stack of books.
5. on the right side, you will see a black cover. It's hard plastic and has 2 big squares and 2 small rectangles. You need to remove this. either use a small screw driver to pry it or use your fingers.
6. You'll see the mirrors exposed. Clean them with Qtips. Clean the glass as well as it's off. Keep the black cover somewhere safe but not in the printer.
7. put the glass cover / grey cover back on from FRONT to back.
8. Put the screws back in.
Hope this helps. Again, someone else had the solution and I can't seem to find the page where he put it as I wanted to say "thanks". Hopefully whoever has the similar problem can solve it with this.
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
My hp psc 750 printer show error,
Posted on Nov 15, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 19, 2013 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 15, 2011 | HP Photosmart C5280 Printer
Nov 26, 2010 | HP OfficeJet D135 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 16, 2009 | HP Photosmart 2610 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 17, 2009 | HP Printers & Copiers
Aug 24, 2008 | HP PSC 750 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jun 26, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 25, 2008 | HP OfficeJet k60xi InkJet Printer
104 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!