Remote control code for 32'' ELEMENT tv to work with TIVO Ser2
I'm trying to program my TIVO Series 2 remote to be able to turn on/off and control volume for my ELEMENT TV but I cannot find a listing for the ELEMENT TV (in the TIVO remote control setup) -- which means I do not know what remote control code to select to make it work from ONE remote. PLEASE help!!! I hate having to use one remote to turn the TV on/off/control volume and then the other to change channels through my TIVO.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys until the green light under the DIRECTV position flashes twice, then release both keys.
Using the number keys, enter the 5-digit code. If performed correctly, the green light under the DIRECTV position flashes twice.
Aim the remote at your DIRECTV Receiver and press the PWR key once. The DIRECTV Receiver should turn off; if it does not, repeat steps 3 and 4, trying each code for your brand until you find the correct code.
Your TIVO DirectTV RC65 remote control is now setup to control your DVR. A digital copy of your remote's owners manual is available here. Instructions for the RC65 Code Search function to find compatible remote codes are here.
Sense you do not know the make of the receiver I would do a code search. This is how you do it.
With automatic programming, the remote control tests all the codes available
on the Code List and assigns the correct code for the selected device.
Although this method can be more time-consuming, it eliminates the need to
look up codes and enter them manually.
1. T urn off the device with which you want to use the remote control.
2. Press and hold the corresponding button on the remote control
(TV, VCR, SAT, DVD, CAB or AUD) until POWER INDICATOR illuminates. The
remote control is in programming mode.
3. Press and release . The POWER INDICATOR flashes once and stays on
indicating the unit is in Power Scan mode.
4. Press CHANNEL + or CHANNEL - repeatedly until the device turns on.
5. When the device turns on, press OK to store the code.
• To exit without storing the code, press BACK.
• The unit will search for the next code or the previous code if you press
CHANNEL + or CHANNEL - after the device turns on.
6. Press any other button. If the device responds, the remote control has been
programmed. If the device does not respond, repeat steps 2-5.
Try this: On the Tivo remote press and hold the TV Power button and the Directv/TIVO button at the same time. Hold both buttons down for about 4 seconds or until remote light stays red. Then press the channel up button until the tv turns off. You may press the button over 100 times. You need to go slow. When the TV turns off press the enter button (or select button).
Your tv doesn't accept the code. The tivo remote uses the code that is programmed in it to control your tv. Go through settings and tell it you want to program your remote for your tv and follow the on screen instructions.