Question about Radio Shack (15-2147) Remote Control
I'm trying to program my TIVO Series 2 remote to be able to turn on/off and control volume for my ELEMENT TV but I cannot find a listing for the ELEMENT TV (in the TIVO remote control setup) -- which means I do not know what remote control code to select to make it work from ONE remote. PLEASE help!!! I hate having to use one remote to turn the TV on/off/control volume and then the other to change channels through my TIVO.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2016 | Element Televison & Video
Hi- My name is Shannon and I am with Suddenlink. The SL-TiVo remote can be programmed to control the TV and one other A/V device using these steps:
1) From TiVo Central, select Settings & Messages > Settings > Remote, CableCARD, & Devices > Remote Control.
2) Highlight Part 1: TV power, volume, and mute and press SELECT.
3) The DVR displays a list of television brands. Use the UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW buttons and the CHAN DOWN and CHAN UP buttons on the TiVo remote to highlight your TV brand and then press SELECT.
4) The TV Remote Codes screen appears. Follow the instructions on this screen to enter a code into your remote control. If the first code does not work, repeat the instructions to enter the second remote control code, and so forth, until you find a code that works. The remote is now programmed to operate the TV.
5) If also programming to control volume & mute on an A/V receiver for surround sound; Highlight Part 2: A/V volume and mute and press SELECT.
6) The DVR displays a list of audio/video receiver brands. Use the UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW buttons and the CHAN DOWN and CHAN UP buttons on the TiVo remote to highlight your receiver brand and then press SELECT.
7) The AV Remote Codes screen appears.
Follow the instructions on this screen to enter a code into your remote control. If the first code does not work, repeat the instructions to enter the second remote control code, and so forth, until you find a code that works. The remote is now programmed to operate the receiver.
The TiVo remote will now turn the TV on/off and switch inputs and adjust the volume and mute the audio on the receiver.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!
Nov 23, 2012 | Televison & Video
Nov 03, 2009 | Tivo DirectTV Remote Remote Control
Aug 01, 2009 | Proscan 42LA30H 42 in. LCD Television
Jun 11, 2009 | Tivo Series 2 Remote Control
Mar 15, 2009 | Humax DRT400 TiVo 40-Hours Video Recorder
Jan 27, 2009 | Polaroid 4226TLMB 42 in. LCD TV
Dec 20, 2008 | Philips DSR708R DirecTV / TiVo DTV...
Nov 22, 2008 | Vizio L37 Television
Dec 09, 2007 | Tivo DirectTV Remote Remote Control
679 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: