Question about Dell E173FP 17" LCD Monitor
I have a Dell E171FPB monitor that had the
same problem with the Main Menu coming up and I thought I would tell you
what I did to fix the problem.
1. I shut down the PC.
2. I removed the power cable and video cable from the back of the monitor.
3. I removed the four screws that hold the stand for the monitor and slid the stand off.
4. I then removed the 5 screws that hold the back cover on the monitor.
5. I took two flat blade screw drivers and carefully removed the back cover.
At the bottom of the monitor case, there is a small circuit board the holds the 6 switches for controlling the display.
6. I located the button that calls up the Main Menu. It is the second switch from the left as you are looking at the monitor from the rear.
7. I used a small solder iron and heated up the four prongs in sequence while holding the switch with a pair of needle nose pliers. I had to rotate this process from one prong to the other while all the time applying slight pulling pressure on the switch pulling it away from the circuit board.
8. Once the switch was removed, I put the cover back on and tightened up the five screws.
9. Then I slid the base back in the slot it came from and tightened the four screws.
10. I connected the video and power cable and turned on the PC.
With the switch removed the Main Menu never popped up again and I am so very happy.
Posted on May 30, 2008
On this monitor you can unplug the buttons completely and the default for it is to be on so if it is the button controller the problem should stop. you will however need to switch it off and on at the wall. all you simply need to do to get rid of the buttons is take the back off and just unplug them, they are the one serial plug on the opposite side of the unit to the either 2 or 4 smaller plugs which are for the display backlight.
Posted on Aug 27, 2007
Please try to check your menu micro switch, the connection and lastly is the mainboard problem. If you have enough tech experience and tools to repair this type of mainboard, then i will show you what's the problem. If you try the above method also can solve this problem, then the mainboard is defected. You can check the crystal, eeprom ic (or the data may be need to reprogram), MCU Chip(Micro Controller Unit). The above component may be defected, dry joint and the program inside eeprom or mcu need to reprogram. If you need more info you can try to this website: http://www.fastrepairguide.com
Posted on Jul 06, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 19, 2010 | Dell E173FP 17" LCD Monitor
Oct 26, 2007 | Dell E173FP (Black) (Dark Gray) 17" LCD...
Oct 21, 2007 | Dell E173FP 17" LCD Monitor
Aug 06, 2006 | Dell E173FP 17" LCD Flat Panel Monitor
584 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!