When the printer is put on , the display window shows -- "unlock scanner then press power " i have tried to load the printer software again - no effect.unlocked the scanner unlock lever below the scanner unit -- noeffect,
after the above display on the printer ,none of the buttons respond.
please suggest solution to my problem , moreover in absence of any support in india i am feeling helpless
y k mattoo
tel : +91-11-26913238
Cell : +91 - 9810492884
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Is the display showing an icon that looks like a key? If so, you have unintentionally locked the keyboard. To UNLOCK it, power the scanner ON and then press the FUNC and key (picture) keys. If that doesn't work you will need to RESET the scanner. To do this, power the scanner OFF, then press and hold the 2, 9, and HOLD keys while you power the scanner ON. The RESET will erase all your programming, but it will get the unit working again.
Found this: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/a940/a940en1.pdf
Page iv identifies the location of the scanner lock
Page 44 contains the following
• You unlock the scanner bed. For help locating the scanner lock, see the picture of the printer on page iv.
Page 51 contains
Unlock Scanner message The scanner is locked. To unlock it: 1 Press Power to turn the printer off. 2 Use both hands to lift the printer (scanner unit) until the scanner support holds it open. To the left and beside the scanner support is the scanner lock. For help, see page iv. 3 Pull the scanner lock toward you to unlock the scanner. 4 Using both hands, lift the printer (scanner unit). 5 Push and hold the scanner support back. 6 Lower the printer (scanner unit) until it is completely closed. 7 Press Power to turn the printer back on.
IMPORTANT The printer must be printing the Phase pattern of “H’s” when the Phasing Value is changed, or the New Phasing Valuewill not be written into NVRAM. If the value is changed when not printing, the printer will return to its default phasing value when powered off then back on. 1. Install the ribbon. 2. Load full width (136 column) paper. 3. Power on the printer and set top of form. 4. Press Stop to put the printer into NOT READY mode. 5. Press Scroll ↑ + Scroll ↓ to unlock the Enter key. 6. Press Scroll ↑ + Scroll ↓ + Return + Enter to enter the CE Tests menu. (Press all four keys at the same time.) 7. The display will show “SERVICE / PRINTER MECHANISM TESTS”, the first menu item. Press Enter to enter the mechanism tests menu. 8. Press Scroll↑ or Scroll↓ until “PRINTER MECHANISM TESTS / HAMMER PHASING” is on the display. 9. Press Enter. The printer begins printing all H’s, each line preceded by the phasing index number. 10. Press Return. The display will show “SERVICE / PRINTER MECHANISM TESTS”. 11. Press Scroll ↑ or Scroll ↓ until “SERVICE / HAMMER PHASE VALUE” is on the display. 12. Press Enter. The top line of the display will show “HAMMER PHASE VALUE” and the bottom line will show the current phasing index number. 13. Press Enter. The phasing index (followed by an asterisk) will move up to the top line of the display. 14. Press Scroll ↑ or Scroll ↓ to increase or decrease the phasing index, then press Enter to activate the value as it prints. Continue to increase or decrease the phasing index until the pattern of H’s appears. 15. When the print pattern is acceptable, press Stop. Printing stops, and the printer automatically enters the current phase index value into NVRAM. The display shows “NOT READY”. 16. Press Scroll ↑ + Scroll ↓ to lock the Enter key. 17. Close the printer cover. Press Start to put the printer into READY mode. NOTE: If you changed the phasing value, power down the printer, remove the shuttle cover, and write the new phase value on the aluminum shuttle casting.
If the LCD on the operator panel constantly displays black bars/boxes or other unusual characters, take the following steps:
1. Disconnect the power supply from the printer.
2. Wait for about one minute, then reconnect the power supply and check the LCD display.
3. If black boxes/bars or unusual characters are still displaying constantly, move the power supply to a different power outlet.
4. If the black boxes/bars or unusual characters are still displaying, the scanner ribbon cable may need to be reseated. Do the following:
1. Lift the scanner flatbed. (Open the printer as if attempting to install cartridges.)
2. Look in the back right corner of the 6150/70 for an access cover.
3. Press firmly on the front right corner of the access cover to reseat the scanner ribbon cable that is located underneath the access panel.
Please ensure that the scanner is unlocked. The scanner lock is situated under the scanner bed towards the left. To unlock the scanner, please lift the scanner bed and push the red switch towards the back of the machine. Please try scanning again and let us know the results.
If the issue still persist, please follow the steps given below:
1. Press "Copy" button.
2. Press "Options" till the display reads "Set Defaults."
3. Use the "Arrow (right/left)" buttons till the display reads "Use Factory."
4. Press "Select."
Please let us know the results.
Remove both cartridges from the printer. Move the red lock switch (at the back of the printer) from the down position to the up position, and then move it back to the down position. Unplug the printer and turn it onto its left side. Then return the printer to the upright position and reapply the power supply. Attempt this fix twice and then try to print and scan once more.
Unlock Scanner message
The scanner is locked. to unlock it
1. Press Power to turn the All-in-one off.
2. lift the scanner unit until the scanner support holds it. To the left and beside the scanner support is the scanner lock
3.pull the scanner lock toward you to unlock the scanner.
4. close the scanner lid.
5. power on.