Question about Maytag Ensignia 3.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washer
The washer started making a disturbingly loud noise during agitate and spin cycles. i discovered that it will not agitate anymore but will spin only if i do mini-loads. Sounds like it is slipping if the load is too heavy and then it makes all the noise.
ngafm at your service,
It pumps, but doesn't spin If your washer pumps out the water but doesn't spin, check these:
* The lid switch may be defective. If it is, the washing machine doesn't spin. The switch is inside the washing machine main housing near the door frame. Often you have to raise or open the top or front of the washing machine to get to the switch. If it's defective, you need to replace it.
* The motor coupler may be broken. Many Whirlpool®-manufactured washers use a small, relatively inexpensive motor coupling. It's plastic and rubber and is mounted to the shaft of the motor on one side, and to the transmission on the other. Over time, the coupler wears out and fails. You may need to replace it.
* A belt may be broken. Many washing machines have one or two belts. If a belt is broken or badly worn, you need to replace it with a genuine belt from the manufacturer. (Some washing machine belts are designed with special characteristics not found in automotive belts.)
* The clutch may be worn. If your washer is a GE, it may use a clutch to come up to the proper spin speed. As the clutch wears out, it may prevent the unit from spinning well or at all. If the clutch is worn, you need to replace it. For this job, you probably want to hire a qualified appliance repair technician.
* The drive motor may be defective. Many washer brands use a reversing motor. For agitation the motor runs in one direction, for spinning and draining, the other. It's possible for a motor to burn out in one direction and continue to operate in the other. If this happens, you need to replace the entire motor.
* The transmission may not be shifting properly. Older washers produced by Whirlpool® have a transmission with an electro-mechanical shifter. If the shifter becomes even partially defective, the unit may drain the water but not spin. This is a complex system, if your washer has a shifter problem, you may want to hire a qualified appliance repair technician to repair it.
* The spin bearing or basket drive may be worn or seized. These components allow the inner tub to spin freely inside the outer tub. When this is the problem, you usually hear a loud sound during the spin cycle. Call a qualified appliance repair technician.
It spins only with the lid closed For safety, washing machines are made so that they spin only with the lid closed. The lid switch prevents the spinning action when the lid is up."
Please give me a rating before you sign off!
Posted on Sep 05, 2008
SOURCE: Maytag Mav-1 Slow Spin
hi thanks for the question with any washer if you use a hi sud zing detergent it really slows down the spin cycle check this just fill & drain 2or 3 times use some veniger try this thanks the appliance doc
Posted on Sep 17, 2008
SOURCE: maytag atlantis washer mav-31
Welcome to fixya.
I'm Huuum and happy to assist you,
Is t your washer cleaning the clothes and operating fine other than the noise?
If so do not spend any money on it unless it breaks or does not operate!
"If its not broken do not fix it!"
I know this is not the what you wan to hear!
I have a telephone number of the consumer affairs of for maytag that's hard to find!
If you call them thay will demand that thier servicers find and remedy the problem or swap it out for you!.
Even if it is past warranty.
I'm not at work for another couple of hours.
When I get there I'll give you the 800 number for Whirlpool (They now own Maytag) Consumer affairs and you can cal Monday!
I do this frequently for my customers!
"It's easyier to keep the customers you have than find new ones"
But no matter what happens,you have no need to pay the repair persons child's college tuition!
You have your own needs!.
How much did you spend on this machine even though it did wash and perform?
Noise is not broken or failure.
I had a Maytag Neptune that did this for 6 years and I fixed 2 other problem unrelated .
Then on the third break down I dumped it in the trash and bought myself a Speed Queen Commercial
washer that will last me 25 years for half the price of the $999.00 Maytag Neptune.
When I complained to my father about the noises in our family car he used to tell me,
turn on the radio.
Please remember to leave a rating before you go!
Posted on Sep 28, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 03, 2015 | Washing Machines
Nov 26, 2013 | Maytag Bravos Series MVWB850YW 28"...
Nov 07, 2011 | Maytag Washing Machines
Aug 16, 2009 | Maytag Washing Machines
Jun 03, 2009 | Maytag Legacy Series Top Load Washer
May 24, 2009 | Maytag Legacy Series Top Load Washer
May 17, 2009 | Maytag MAV9600 Top Load Washer
May 16, 2009 | Maytag Atlantis MAV8000
Dec 18, 2008 | GE WBSR3140DW Top Load Washer
Jan 02, 2007 | Maytag Atlantis MAV6000 Top Load Washer
164 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: