Question about Microsoft Windows Live Messanger
A few Contacts are missing from my MSN live contacts list?
I really need those contacts how can I get them back?
Hello from Portugal,i used to have the same problem,when i logged to msn no contacts although in hotmail they where all there,so i uninstalled windows live essencials(all programs) then downloaded windows live messenger 2009(again) but this time i only installed the messenger app!problem solved now when i log in all my contacts are there and the messenger works at is full power(lol) hope i helped someone and sorry for my english!
Posted on Dec 08, 2009
Delete your Contacts cache folder
1. Right click Start, and select Explore.
2. Select Tools, and then select "Folder Options".
3. In "Folder Options", select View.
4. From the "Advanced Settings", check Show hidden files and folders, make sure Hide extensions for known file types is not checked, and click OK.
5. In the Windows Explorer window, click View, select Explorer Bar, and then make sure that Folders is checked.
Delete your Contacts cache folder.
After you are done changing Windows Explorer settings go through these steps -
1. On the task bar, right-click Start, and then select Explore.
2. In the folder list on the left-hand, go to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Your Windows username\Contacts\ Your Messenger email address.
3. Delete all of the files in Your Messenger email address folder.
4. In the folder list on the left-hand pane, go to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Your Windows username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\Your Messenger email address.
5. In Your Messenger email address folder, delete real and shadow folders.
6. Close Windows Explorer and try to sign in to Messenger again.
Posted on Nov 24, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 05, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Live Messanger
Oct 05, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Live Messanger
Sep 21, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Live Messanger
Sep 11, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Live Messanger
Aug 01, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Live Messanger
Jul 18, 2009 | Yahoo Messenger
Jun 09, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Live Messanger
Apr 24, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Live Messanger
Feb 24, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Live Messanger
2,369 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: