Question about E-Machines W3052 PC Desktop
I had to get a new motherboard and while taking out the old one the wires popped out and now I don't know where to hook up the new connections. please help ASAP. thanks
If you are putting in a new motherboard, the wiring may be different from your old one anyway. It's an easy project wiring up the board, just follow instructions in the manual and you will see the connectors on the wires are labelled HDD LED, POWER etc, so just look in the manual. If no manual find the make of mobo and come back.
Posted on Oct 28, 2006
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Remove power and unplug all devices hooked to computer.
2. Open case.
3. Write down the location and orientation of all wires connecting to old motherboard.
4. Disconnect all wires from the case that are plugged into old motherboard.
5. Uncrew the screws holding the motherboard in the case.
6. Carefully remove old motherboard.
7. Install new motherboard and secure it to the case (probably using the same screws as the old MB)
8. Refer to diagram you made earlier to plug in all the wires to the proper places in the new motherboard.
9. Check and make sure the new motherboard works before closing the case.
10. If everything is working correctly, close up the case and you are done.
Nov 10, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Mar 26, 2013 | Heating & Cooling
Mar 13, 2012 | HP Computers & Internet
Aug 28, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop Computer
Jun 11, 2011 | Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Cars & Trucks
May 20, 2011 | Intel Motherboard
Oct 08, 2008 | Soyo P4X400 Dragon Ultra Motherboard
Mar 23, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jan 20, 2008 | Soyo SY-K7V Dragon Motherboard
Dec 14, 2007 | Intel Motherboard
246 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: