Question about Brother MFC 1850MC Thermal Printer
I too only get the left half of a page when i output anything on this machine. Very frustrating since i've moved the office and misplaced the manual for this thing.
One of the BLUE levers that hold the the top of the imaging unit to the printer has cracked. If you look carefully on the side that is not printing and flex the lever you will see a hairline crack. You can buy these levers at a office equipmt repair store.You can also try gluing or taping a screw to hold the unit to the frame. What is happening is that the imaging unit is not close enough to the film to transfer the image onto the page. Happens all the time on these units.
Julio (originally solved by Sue O in www.fixyourownprinter.com)
Posted on May 30, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 27, 2017 | The Office Equipment & Supplies
Do not touch the clear film (A). If the paper or your hands touch these parts and blot or scratch them, the machine can be damaged.
3. Make sure that the FINE cartridge holder does not hang over the paper. If the FINE cartridge holder hangs over the paper, move the FINE cartridge holder to the right edge or the left edge whichever is easier to remove the paper. When you move the FINE cartridge holder, hold the FINE cartridge holder and slide it slowly to the right edge or the left edge.
4. Hold the jammed paper with your hands.
If the edge of paper is jammed near the paper output slot, pull the edge of paper to the position where you can hold it with your hands.
5. Pull the paper slowly not to tear it, then pull the paper out.
6. Make sure that all the jammed paper is removed. If the paper is torn, a piece of paper may remain inside the machine. Check the following and remove the piece of paper if it remains.
7. Close the paper output cover, then reload the paper.
All print jobs in the queue are canceled. Reprint if necessary.
Jul 20, 2014 | Canon Pixma Mx432 Wireless Inkjet Office...
Nov 28, 2011 | Epson Stylus Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 26, 2010 | Dell Latitude E5400 Laptop
Aug 12, 2008 | Husqvarna Husky 145
May 28, 2008 | Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
Sep 05, 2007 | Fellowes Powershred 480 Shredder
64 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: