When i put cd in my dvd player it says on the screen no disck. and i can hear a nosie from inside the dvd player as if the disc is spining.
by the way, this problem occur after i took a cd that was stuck in the dvd player and since then i am not able to use my dvd player. can you help me please. many thanks
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: problem with my dvd player
There should be a cable connected from the main circuit board to the
lens which powers up the lens laser beam to read the disk presences to
spin. It might be disturbed while you are trying to remove the disk
that was stucked. try reinserting it and be careful not to damage the
lead connectors. cheers.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
it might be sevral reasons:
1. Check if region code is the same for movies you playing and DVD player
2. If you using video CDs or copyed DVDs, player might be preventing to playback those kind of discs, due to copyright laws or due to different speed settings for DVD player and discks you using (for intsrance you player can playback DVD/CD+R, and you using DVD/CD-R, or mximum allowed playback speed is 16 you using disk recorded at 24, but this is in case you using burned/copied CD/DVDs)
3. Check it lens is durty. For that use CD/DVD lens cleaning disk
($6 in Walmart, if you are in US)
4. Check if movies you are have the same coloring system, i.e NTSC for US
5. Check CD/DVD for scratches, some DVD players can not playback scratched disks
Please kindly let me know if my information was helpfull for you or you need more info
I have a durabrand portable dvd player we've owned for about 1yr and had just started messing up. When you put the dvd in it says it's loading and shows the blue dvd screen it just wont come on but you can hear it trying, please help what could be wrong?
Check to see if the little button that the screen closes down on (which turns off the screen and only the screen) is stuck, or jammed under the little hole that it comes up. This button is about the size of a pin on most DVD Players, and is located very close to the screen on either side.
I had the same problem but I solved buying "Laser Lens Cleaner " Philips Magnavox after 3 attempts the DVD starts to work fine again. First only 3 min, then 10 min and now the entire CD cleaner and after I left the CD cleaner for 15 min I tried to play the DVD and WORKS!!! perfect!!!