An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: MICROWAVE STARTS AND IMMEDIATELY STOP MODEL JVM2050
The problems you have described have to do with preprogrammed computer circuit boards that cannot be serviced except by GE authorized service persons. Since these ovens are out of warranty I am sorry to say you need to replace them. Service on these units would be at least twice as expensive as a new one.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The magnetron (the part that heats the food) may be bad or the circuitry to the magnetron may have burned out. Basically my advice is that if you have no electrical expertise, it isn't worth fixing. The magnetron if bad, costs almost as much as a new microwave. If you open it up (make sure it has been unplugged for a few hours and don't seen any obvious burnt parts, then most likely the magnetron is done and a new microwave is the way to go.
if everything works except the heating, it is most likely the mag tube is on its way out.........that is the most common reason for it not too cook.......since the microwave is a GE and it is 3.5 years old, i would say you are better off buying a new microwave, the mag tube starts at around $70.00 and up + the labor it costs too have a service person put it in........around another $60.00
hey! you told that everything working in your microwave oven! inside the microwave oven! transformer only producing heat! that transformer only fault in your oven! try to repair or change the transformer!!!!!!!
I am a recently retired appliance engineer of 20 years, i am reluctant to help with microwaves because of the dangers, the store electric even when unplugged, but it sound just like an internal fuse, these are special quick blow types, can be bought from most electronic high store shops, and replacements must be exact match, if a replacement blows there is another fault and don't recommend self repair
work with safety and remove the plug first etc
oh the fuse is just inside following the mains wire in, and normally on a small circuit board
if i have helped please rate me