An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: do I have a Serial Port on my acer window vista home...
Most newer computer do not have serial ports but there is such a thing as a USB to Serial converter that might work to load what you need to load. USB to Serial converters don't always work but they are worth a try
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There's no place to install an internal card to add serial ports, but you can use a serial-to-USB adapter. These are available online and possibly at a retail computer store if there is one near you. It has a USB plug on the computer end and the DB-9 serial connector on the other end for your serial device.
Here are the steps to refresh/reinstall/uninstalling the USB ports on the computer.
The USB port needs to be refreshed to make sure that no other device has captured the USB port of the computer. The Mouse, video camera, your external USB hard disk; what ever it may be.
Follow the steps given below to refresh USB ports.
1. Right-click My Computer icon on the desktop, and then select Properties. 2. Click the Hardware tab. 3. Click the Device Manager Button. 4. Click the plus (+) sign to the left of Universal Serial Bus controllers. 5. Right-click the device listed under Universal Serial Bus controller and select Uninstall. 6. Click OK to confirm the removal of the device.
Please note, repeat Steps 5 and 6 until all the devices under Universal Serial Bus Controller are removed.
7. Shut down the computer.
CAUTION: Ensure that the Shut Down option is selected, instead of the Restart option.
8. Wait for 5 seconds and then restart the computer. When the computer restarts, a "Windows has detected new or added hardware" message window will open.
The above steps will refresh the USB ports.
Now connect the USB devices like mouse, video camera, your external USB hard disk...USB hubs...whatever you like and the drivers should install automatically.
Tip: It is always recommended to connect the main USB devices at the rear end USB port. As they require more power to initiate. The above steps are for XP operating system. When coming to the matter of Vista, please note the changes below: =========================== 1) Right-click Computer icon from the desktop , and then click Properties to open the System Properties window, and then select the Device Manager tab.
2) Click the Plus (+) sign next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers/Root hub.
3) Click the USB Composite Device entry to highlight it, and then click Remove. If a screen appears to confirm the deletion, confirm the deletion.
4) Disconnect the USB cable to the all-in-one, wait a couple seconds, and then reconnect the cable. This should restart Windows device detection (Plug and Play).
5) A New Hardware found screen may appear, click next through all of the screens that appear for the Wizard to install the USB Composite Device. Click Finish once the wizard completes.
CHECK YOUR FIREWALL SETTINGS AND IF YOU USE NORTON OR OTHER ANTIVIRUS YOU NEED TO UNCHECK THE FIREWALL OPTION TO OFF ..... LET MICROSOFT RUN THE FIREWALL . THEN RUN VISTAS FIX FOR INTERNET CONNECTION .
Ok, if the hard drive already had Windows XP on it, it has the configuration for the computer it came out of. you need to reinstall windows xp with the hard drive in your computer so it can properly detect all the ports that your computer has.
In ur Laptop u can see a Blue colour serial port which contains 15 holes(DB-15).the same blue port(DB-15) will be available in your LG plasma.To connect this both devices u need a DB-15 cable.u can get it from the computer store..1 end should be connected to ur laptop blue port and the other end should connect to your plasma blue port..i will work for sure..please give me a feed back if this info is useful..
Aspire seems to have some issues untill all the windows updates catches up. If it will boot and get on the net let it get all of the windows update and see what happens. My wifes aspire had diffrent things stop/start working until all the updates were installed.