Question about Lexmark X2500 All-In-One Printer
Pinter will not feed paper
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. (On the X83, press the Select button.)
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Apr 25, 2009
Here is what fixed my Lexmark X2500 paper feed problem. I was totally unable to dissassemble this unit. I soaked about 4 sheets of 8 1/2" x 11" standard printer paper with rubbing alcohol. Just about the first 3 inches or so. Using the paper feed button and with the printer on allowed the printer to feed these soaked pages inside. It took a little effort to get the lightly soaked pages into the mechanism. Also with the printer off I shoved (for lack of a better term) the soaked pages in and pulled them out several times and noticed dirt and black marks left on the paper. I have since (just now June 25,2009) finished up the 5 page print job I needed to complete and a 2 page test print job. All is OK.
Hope this alcohol trick works for others....
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 14, 2016 | Lexmark Impact S301 Wireless All-in-one...
Jul 19, 2012 | Epson STYLUS R230 InkJet Photo Printer
cause of paper jams is debris/foreign objects that accidentally fell into the
paper feed area. Please follow steps below to fix the problem:
the sheets of paper from the feeder.
2. Grab a
flashlight and look inside the feeder for any debris or foreign objects.
you're willing and physically able, you may also turn the printer over. Any
debris should just freely roll out from the feeder.
feeder is clear, place the printer back on the table, open the printer cover
and remove the cartridges.
the cartridge area for any obstructions/debris in the cartridge carrier's path
or the paper path.
cartridge area is clear, close the cover.
(pull out power supply, black box where the power cord is plugged in at the
back of the printer, and put it back after 30 seconds).
8. When the
printer turns on, reinsert the cartridges and load some paper. Try to print
If problem continues, please contact Lexmark Technical Support Center for additional assistance.
Aug 07, 2011 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 12, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 22, 2010 | Kodak ESP 3 Multifunction Printer/ Copier/...
May 07, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 29, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 24, 2009 | Lexmark Optra T612 Laser Printer
Aug 06, 2009 | Kodak Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 03, 2009 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
431 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: