Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
My HP C5240 keeps giving me an error message when I try to scan a picture and send to an e-mail recipient. The error message states that it is not connected to my pc yet I can print from my computer. I have reloaded the driver software but still will not work
This issue is common with every HP scanning software used with Windows OS which have a firewall running.
If you would try the following:
- check the task bar if HP digital imaging monitor is up and running
- if not, go to C:\program files\hp\digital imaging\bin and double click the file HPQTRA08.EXE
- now the monitor should run
- if not, pls reinstall the software (*)
- if yes, pls try to open HP solution center
- if solution center starts, pls try to scan or to fax
- if successful, no other steps are required
- if faxing is not successful, check in the printer folder, if you find a HP <device name> series fax entry
- if you cannot find it, unplug the printer and delete the entries in both the printer folder and scanner folder
- also run the software CD and start the uninstall_l1.bat and uninstall_l2.bat in the util\CCC on the CD (if 64 bit OS, the run the 64 bit versions)
- restart the PC with the loaded CD
- replug the printer and let it be reinstalled
(*) For a clean reinstall it is recommended to contact HP support. They know the best way to leave a clean system on the PC.
Hope it helps.
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
I would recommend un installing "any" HP software first, then download and install the latest driver from HPs site. You could could also try running the installer with all startup apps disabled incase there is some conflicting software. You can do this by typing in "msconfig" from start > run. Once open select "selective startup" then uncheck "load startup items". If you resort to this be sure you have unintstalled all HP software first as some HP software does run at startup. Also be sure to re-enable the startup items after troubleshooting.
Posted on Apr 15, 2009
This happened to me a couple times with the HP Series all in one and stand alone scanners. Goto Walmart and buy a USB hub that has a dedicated power supply. For some reason HP is notorious for this problem.
Posted on Oct 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 12, 2015 | HP PHOTOSMART 7520 E-ALL-IN-ONE
Feb 03, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Mar 09, 2017 | Computers & Internet
Aug 26, 2011 | HP Officejet 4355 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 23, 2011 | Microsoft Windows Live Mail
Feb 23, 2011 | HP OfficeJet J4580 All-In-One Laser...
Nov 25, 2009 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Aug 29, 2005 | Kodak EasyShare One Digital Camera
160 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!