Question about LG GCE 8240B CD-RW Burner
do you have software/program that supports DVD.
Try a different DVD/Movie/Disk or alternative.
Also install a program, such as Nero which will give you physical characteristics of the drive.
Finally go to device manager, and remove or uninstall the device, reboot the computer and setup again. This can sometimes remedy the problem.
ensure that the drive is set as Master/Slave. if on the same Bus/IDE channel as a hard-drive. set as master/slave opposite to what the hard-drive is setup as.
Hope this helps.
Mike @ Compurepair.
Posted on Feb 24, 2008
use this tool to reset the cd in the registry
after you run the file - reboot the computer -
Posted on Dec 30, 2009
try these steps
) Close all open programs
2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders
4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.
5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
7) Reboot your computer
Posted on Jul 06, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 06, 2011 | Samsung (TSH492BLACK) CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo...
Nov 12, 2009 | Sony CRX320EE CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive
Apr 12, 2009 | HP (dc197x) CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive
Mar 18, 2009 | Sony CRX835E CD-RW/DVD-ROM (Combo) Burner
Dec 26, 2008 | LG (GCC4521BBULK) CD-RW/DVD-ROM (Combo)...
Sep 03, 2008 | LG GCC4522B CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive
Aug 10, 2007 | Samsung (SHM522CBEWN) CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo...
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!