Question about HP LaserJet 5100tn Printer
I dont have a driver for lazerjet printer 5100 for window vista 54- bit, can u help me. thanks.
Go here and try this Driver it should clear you right up if not comment back here and i'll get you some more info as I find it :) http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/241620/hp-universal-print-driver-pcl5-4.1-windows-xp-x64-2003-x64-vista-x64-free-download.html
Posted on Dec 29, 2008
Hp Deskjet 9650 printer owner, sorry to inform that there is no Microsoft Windows Vista
operating system printer driver solution available for your printer. But there is an alternative way to workaround it so that you can do basic printing with your printer.
As a workaround, an alternate printer driver solution included in Microsoft Windows Vista operating system can be used to perform basic printing to the printer. However you might find that some of the product features are no longer available when using this alternate printer driver, but that is your best option right now.
The alternative HP printer driver that will work with your printer is HP Deskjet 9800.
The Next thing you do is: Install the driver for HP deskjet 9800
1. Verify that the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable is NOT connected to the printer.
2. Click Start , click Settings , and then click Printers .
3. Click Add a printer .
4. Click Add a local printer .
5. Select the Use an existing port check box.
6. In the Use an existing port drop-down list, select LPT1: (Printer Port) and then click Next .
7. Under Manufacturer on the Install the printer driver dialog box, select HP .
8. Under Printers , select the appropriate alternate driver for the printer (deskjet 9800) and then click Next .
9. In the Printer name text box, type the printer name and then click Next . The printer driver starts to install.
NOTE: The name of the alternate driver displays as the default name. Change this name to the name of the printer, if desired.
10. After the screen stating that the printer was successfully added displays, connect the USB cable / Parallel cable to the printer and to the computer.
11. On the Found New Hardware screen, click Cancel .
12. For USB connected printer, please proceed to step three . For Parallel port connected printer, please proceed to step four .
NOTE: If multiple pop-up windows display, click Cancel on each window.
Next is: Configure the printer
1. In the printer folder, right-click on the name of the printer and then click Properties .
2. Click the Ports tab.
3. Change the port from LPT1 to the newly created USB port, click Apply .
Last step: Print a test page
1. Click the General tab.
2. Click Print Test Page .
Good luck Cheers!!!
Posted on Apr 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 13, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Oct 28, 2010 | HP Photosmart 8450 InkJet Printer
Oct 28, 2010 | HP LaserJet 5200 Printer
Oct 27, 2010 | HP LaserJet 3050 Printer
Oct 27, 2010 | HP DeskJet F380 All-In-One Printer
Oct 27, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 27, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro L7580 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 27, 2010 | HP Laserjet M2727nf Multifunction Printer
Oct 17, 2009 | Sharp AR-5316 Advanced Digital Imager...
May 09, 2009 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5100 All-In-One Printer
248 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!